Thursday, June 26, 2008

Carson's Kindergarten Graduation

Carson's last day of school was on June 13th (I know, I am a little behind!). They had the sweetest little Kindergarten program and graduation...that actually made me more teary than having him start Kindergarten in the fall. First grade just seems so much OLDER than Kindergarten.


I couldn't have asked for a better teacher for Carson this past year than Mrs. Budinger. She was absolutely fantastic and really goes to show how your kid's teacher makes all the difference in their schooling experience. Carson has learned to love school, reading, writing, and math (okay, and recess...he has only reminded me 100 times that first graders get TWO recesses!).

Carson loved his classroom! Mrs. Budinger made use of each square inch of the place!



























Carson in the 'Superstar' chair!











Mrs. Budinger had been collecting most of the kids' artwork and taking pictures throughout the year and made a scrapbook for each child....so amazing! It takes an extra special person to teach Kindergarten...she has mastered it! We are really, really going to miss her next year!

4 comments:

Camille and Bryce 4:59 PM  

He's so big!! First grade...wow!!

The Mendes Family 6:31 PM  

Rochelle, I'm so glad that Carson had such a great Kindergarten experience. It seems like he had a great teacher! Congrats to your little man on his graduation!

The Tippetts 6:20 PM  

That picture of him in the rocking chair looks exactly like you, Rochelle! He's so cute! I can' believe you have a 1st grader. How you feelin' these days?

Erica (& Joe) 10:38 PM  

Wow that room WAS full!! How fun for Carson and how sad for you that your oldest is getting older!! It sounds like he had a great time and hopefully he will continue to love all the things school has to offer!! Good luck!

Email Me

Blog Archive

Our {business}

Why I {Blog}

My little blog is a family journal. I include things on here I want to remember years and years from now. So when I post a zillion pictures...it is because I want to have it for my posterity. So please forgive the often posted-picture overload.

Currently I am trying to focus on my photography skills...reading, reading, reading, and taking pictures when I can. Then edit, read, read, read some more. I finally feel like I have a basic understanding of exposure...hooray! I updated my blog template so I can display larger photos because...aren't pictures better than anything I have to say anyway?

More about me here.

Looking For Something?

Avoiding {Illiteracy}

  • Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis
  • The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
  • Persuasion by Jane Austen
  • Chocolat by Joanne Harris
  • The Squires Tale by Gerald Morris
  • David Copperfield by Charles Dickens
  • Watership Down by Richard Adams
  • Crossing to Safety by Wallace Stegner
  • The Color of Water by James McBride
  • I Am a Mother by Jane Clayson Johnson
  • Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
  • The Tempest by William Shakespeare
  • The Witch of Blackbird Pond & The Bronze Bow by Elizabeth George Speare
  • Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky
  • Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
  • Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
  • Freakonomics by Steven Levitt & Stephen Dubner
  • Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
  • Undaunted Courage by Stephen E. Ambrose
  • Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes