Tuesday, August 12, 2008

We have a baby nursery!

Yes!! The wall is finally complete! This was the office 'before'. We built a wall straight across to enclose the 3-sided space into a room. You can see the 'in process' pictures here.Below is my hard-working husband putting up the trim around the door. He has hardly had a moment to himself over the last 2 months. He has added this huge project on top of other mounting pressures. Let's just say he has had many a late night! I am really proud of him. He knew this was important to me, and he has been working so hard to get it finished in time. He did SUCH a good job!!

The finish work took forever! He did all the measuring, cutting and nailing. And even vacuumed up the dust each time to keep it from spreading throughout the house (seriously, wow.) I did all the caulking and painting. I am so sick of painting!!


The finished wall: view from the loft side. Inside the door is the new baby room. We opted for a glass door ---- I may be kicking myself later as it already has fingerprints on the glass....but, I wanted the light from the room to filter out to the loft. Plus it gives it more of a 'den' appeal if we wanted to market it that way when we sell (since it is the smallest of the 4 bedrooms). The crib is on the opposite wall so the baby can't 'peek' outside to see what is going on :-)


Finally the pile of baby gear is ready to be set up!



Baby nursery! Okay, so I changed the bedding all together. The sets I was trying to choose from originally were pretty spendy. I continued to look and found this line at Target. I went to check it out in person and the bedding was on clearance! It was a sign!! I visited 2 other Targets and with my sister's help at her Target, I was able to pick up the coordinating pieces (still, all on clearance!) between the 3 stores and on-line. I love how it just uses primary colors. And, I pulled the blue from the from the bedding to add more 'boy' elements (blue stripey rug, blue curtains, and blue lamp). Plus, it has that chocolate brown I was wanting. I still need to add something above the crib (not sure??) and I'll add one more shadow box to the wall when we have the new baby. Anyway. I am happy and relieved. We still have some shelves to put up in the closet and the light fixture to change out, but if that baby came today his room is ready to go (clothes in the dresser, diapers on the changing table and everything!). Now time to tackle the loft-side of the new wall. The organizing is very therapeutic, but it is going to be time consuming.....For now I can sit back and enjoy one completely clean and organized space in my house!












8 comments:

Jen I 7:48 AM  

Nice work! How come everyone is so much better and on top of the nursery thing than me? How come everyone elses husbands support the idea? Looks great!

manders 11:16 AM  

Wow that is the cutest nursery I have seen. I love the bedding and the colors you chose. How exciting.

chris...reese...paige 2:35 PM  

Okay...yes it turned out really adorable!! When you can't handle your loft, take a nice break and sit in here (without kids)...what a cozy, organized place!! You guys are major home improvement people now!

Dan and Anne 8:09 PM  

So cute! I actually so the bedding set at target. We just bought Beckett the little rhino toy... it was only a dollar at our target so how could we not!? I'm so exited to meet this little guy! Love you guys!

TiAnn, Paul, and Kalispell Finn 8:36 PM  

The baby room turned out so cute, and I love the way you decorated it! Way to go 'handy man' Trevor! You're getting so close and I'm sure you so so excited, and there's nothing better than getting settled before the baby arrives.

Onjali and Todd 12:21 AM  

The baby room is so cute, I absolutely love that bedding, everytime I pass it at target I have to stop and admire it, I love dwellstudio's whole baby line.

Alyssa 7:45 PM  

How fun. . .makes me a little baby hungry! Pretty impressive! I love the colors. . .and the wall decor. I bet it makes you even more excited!!!!

Hansen Family 6:32 PM  

Aww, it looks perfect. You made a good choice with the baby bedding. And all the other cute decorations look great! We might have to get Trevor down here to help us finish our basement, he's practically a pro now right? We're excited for you!

Email Me

Blog Archive

Our {business}

Why I {Blog}

My little blog is a family journal. I include things on here I want to remember years and years from now. So when I post a zillion pictures...it is because I want to have it for my posterity. So please forgive the often posted-picture overload.

Currently I am trying to focus on my photography skills...reading, reading, reading, and taking pictures when I can. Then edit, read, read, read some more. I finally feel like I have a basic understanding of exposure...hooray! I updated my blog template so I can display larger photos because...aren't pictures better than anything I have to say anyway?

More about me here.

Looking For Something?

Avoiding {Illiteracy}

  • Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis
  • The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
  • Persuasion by Jane Austen
  • Chocolat by Joanne Harris
  • The Squires Tale by Gerald Morris
  • David Copperfield by Charles Dickens
  • Watership Down by Richard Adams
  • Crossing to Safety by Wallace Stegner
  • The Color of Water by James McBride
  • I Am a Mother by Jane Clayson Johnson
  • Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
  • The Tempest by William Shakespeare
  • The Witch of Blackbird Pond & The Bronze Bow by Elizabeth George Speare
  • Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky
  • Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
  • Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
  • Freakonomics by Steven Levitt & Stephen Dubner
  • Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
  • Undaunted Courage by Stephen E. Ambrose
  • Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes