Tuesday, September 02, 2008

I'm going to miss being pregnant!

Okay, seriously, I am! At my doctor appointment today I was measuring 5 cm, still about 75% effaced, so I am being induced on Thursday morning! Hooray!! SO excited. I don't even mind that he'll be born on our 10th wedding anniversary...what a great present to have! But having a history of extremely fast labor makes me a little nervous about waiting any longer when I am already 5 cm, so Thursday it is. But I can't help but be a little sad about this pregnancy being over. I really have enjoyed the last few months...feeling our little baby move and being with him every second. After the yucky sicky stage in the beginning, I actually enjoy being pregnant. Who knows if we'll try for #4...I hear having 3 might just push us over the edge :-) ...so I have been really trying to savor the time being pregnant, watching my body change, having multiple ultrasounds, nesting and preparing for his arrival, and trying to be 'in-tune' with the pregnancy. Child bearing years are such a short little era in a life span, and I have tried to really appreciate and be grateful for the blessing that it is the last few months. Even Trevor has been super involved .... coming to all but 1 or 2 doctor appointments (and I have had a ton!). I have appreciated that he hasn't had the "been there, done that" attitude and is just as excited for this baby as we were for Carson almost 7 years ago. Rest assured that I am not immune to any difficult pregnancy symptoms. I have the aches and pains and other weird health issues that come along with pregnancy, but I really can't complain. I have been able to do what I have needed to do and can honestly say we are ready for him to be here! So, wish us luck! I'll try to post pictures as soon as we can!

11 comments:

Our family 8:29 PM  

I'm so excited for you guys. Three pushed us over the edge for sure, but I think that had more to do with her attitude than the number of kids. We're just starting to recover now. I know what you mean about enjoying pregnancy. I totally miss it sometimes. It's sad that this time in our lives with innocent, little kids has to end so quickly.

Oh, and congrats on hitting the 10 year mark! What an awesome gift you're getting this year.
-Christy

Onjali and Todd 10:41 PM  

I didn't think I liked being pregnant but after I had Evee I missed my big belly and feeling her move. We are so excited for you guys. Good Luck with everything! we can't wait to see pictures.

TiAnn, Paul, and Kalispell Finn 1:42 PM  

We're so excited for your family! How nice that you get to know exactly when he's being born, that's so fun! We're so thrilled for you and can't wait to see what your new precious little one will look like!

manders 3:42 PM  

Wow girl you are ready. Good luck and congratulations. Can't wait to see what the name is as well as what he looks like. No doubt about it though he will be adorable like your other two.

Alyssa 7:25 PM  

Good luck tomorrow! I love that moment where you get to hold your baby for the first time. . .seriously. . .I don't think there is ANYTHING better!

Jen I 7:41 PM  

That is so neat that Trevor is still excited. Because of med school, Ryan had the "been there, done that" attitude even with our first! I hope everything goes well!

Amyhop 8:41 AM  

Congratulations! I can't say as I've ever missed being pregnant...but the prize at the end is always fabulous. Happy Anniversary to you and Happy Birthday to Baby Boy, have a great day!

Anonymous 10:41 AM  

Happy Baby Day! I hope your labor and recovery go well, and you and baby are healthy. I can't wait to hear about it and see pics.
Kareena

the Halversens 4:10 PM  

Holy Cow! Is this Thursday as in today or Thursday next week? Either way good luck and please let me know if you need anything at all.

The Tippetts 8:52 AM  

Hope everything went well yesterday! Can't wait to see pictures of the new baby.

A Work In Progress.. 11:18 AM  

Today is Friday, so your little guy must be here! Congratulations! Hope your labor went as well as can be expected and that you are savoring every second with him before you head home.

Email Me

Blog Archive

Our {business}

Why I {Blog}

My little blog is a family journal. I include things on here I want to remember years and years from now. So when I post a zillion pictures...it is because I want to have it for my posterity. So please forgive the often posted-picture overload.

Currently I am trying to focus on my photography skills...reading, reading, reading, and taking pictures when I can. Then edit, read, read, read some more. I finally feel like I have a basic understanding of exposure...hooray! I updated my blog template so I can display larger photos because...aren't pictures better than anything I have to say anyway?

More about me here.

Looking For Something?

Avoiding {Illiteracy}

  • Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis
  • The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
  • Persuasion by Jane Austen
  • Chocolat by Joanne Harris
  • The Squires Tale by Gerald Morris
  • David Copperfield by Charles Dickens
  • Watership Down by Richard Adams
  • Crossing to Safety by Wallace Stegner
  • The Color of Water by James McBride
  • I Am a Mother by Jane Clayson Johnson
  • Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
  • The Tempest by William Shakespeare
  • The Witch of Blackbird Pond & The Bronze Bow by Elizabeth George Speare
  • Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky
  • Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
  • Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
  • Freakonomics by Steven Levitt & Stephen Dubner
  • Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
  • Undaunted Courage by Stephen E. Ambrose
  • Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes