Monday, October 27, 2008

Calling all Glamour Girls!

Addison turned 4 years old today! She has been talking for months about her "Fancy Nancy" birthday party...and the countdown was finally over! If you don't have the 'Fancy Nancy' books, they are a must-have for any girly girl! Nancy is an over-the-top girl who loves everything fancy (i.e. gaudy! and every girls' dream!). Addison celebrated her big day with 5 'glamour girls' and 1 'handsome' boy.


Addy was so excited to get dressed up all fancy! We are talking bows, glitter, ribbons, necklaces, bracelets, make-up, curls, crown, shoes, sunglasses...the works....just like Fancy Nancy. We had a fancy lunch of sandwiches and cheese cut out in heart shapes and lemonade in real glasses. I finally put to use all those fancy platters and crystal that are tucked away. We decorated hats that Addy later remarked were "so posh". After a quick game, presents and cake...the fun-filled hour was over. She made my day when she exclaimed "this is the best birthday ever!"


Later that night the whole family dressed up fancy to go to dinner (just like in the book). She got a lot of attention at Applebee's ... and some ladies next to us actually recognized her from the book! And I didn't even mind wearing a feather boa around :-)


Thanks to all her fun friends who came to celebrate. And thanks to all the family who called to wish our fancy girl happy birthday! Girls are so fun...we are so glad she brings some glamour to our otherwise 'plain' family. I think I had just as much fun as her planning a girly girls party!! Happy 4th birthday Addy! We can't believe 4 years has gone by so quickly! We can't imagine our little family without you!











7 comments:

Camille and Bryce 7:32 AM  

SO CUTE!! She is soooo adorable...more than Fancy Nancy even. I am glad the day went so well. What a success!

Andee (+ Kelly) 2:04 PM  

How much fun does this sound!? I want to have a little girl one day JUST for Fancy Nancy!! It looks like you guys had a blast and I love the boa!!

Dan and Anne 2:33 PM  

That looks like it was sooo fun! I love the family picture at the end. Addie looks adorable in her fancy nancy get up! Love it!

Anonymous 4:46 PM  

Wow, that does look like a fun party. My little girl turned 4 on the 20th, they are just a week apart. Let me know if you want to get together sometime.

Kareena

Adrienne Urvina 5:58 PM  

So cute. Happy Birthday Addy! Sounds like a fun day. What a cute theme. You all look FABULOUS!

Karen 7:04 AM  

You guys are so fun! What a great mom for making your little girl feel so special :o) And I just have to laugh that Addy knows the word "posh!"

TiAnn, Paul, and Kalispell Finn 7:31 AM  

How Fun! That looks like any girly girls dream party, you are so creative! Happy Birthday Addie!

Email Me

Blog Archive

Our {business}

Why I {Blog}

My little blog is a family journal. I include things on here I want to remember years and years from now. So when I post a zillion pictures...it is because I want to have it for my posterity. So please forgive the often posted-picture overload.

Currently I am trying to focus on my photography skills...reading, reading, reading, and taking pictures when I can. Then edit, read, read, read some more. I finally feel like I have a basic understanding of exposure...hooray! I updated my blog template so I can display larger photos because...aren't pictures better than anything I have to say anyway?

More about me here.

Looking For Something?

Avoiding {Illiteracy}

  • Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis
  • The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
  • Persuasion by Jane Austen
  • Chocolat by Joanne Harris
  • The Squires Tale by Gerald Morris
  • David Copperfield by Charles Dickens
  • Watership Down by Richard Adams
  • Crossing to Safety by Wallace Stegner
  • The Color of Water by James McBride
  • I Am a Mother by Jane Clayson Johnson
  • Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
  • The Tempest by William Shakespeare
  • The Witch of Blackbird Pond & The Bronze Bow by Elizabeth George Speare
  • Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky
  • Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
  • Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
  • Freakonomics by Steven Levitt & Stephen Dubner
  • Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
  • Undaunted Courage by Stephen E. Ambrose
  • Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes