Friday, January 09, 2009

Elite Physical Therapy


I never posted about our new business! Ever since graduation, Trevor has wanted to own his own Physical Therapy clinic. I was the one hesitating with the big plunge, but Trevor really got the bug in Spring 08. He was ready to call the shots at his own place and enjoy some real autonomy. Now, a lot goes into opening your own business. Seriously, a lot. There was definitely some freaking out along the way like when you sign your life away for a small business loan and a lease...or when you realize you have to actually figure out all the red tape graciously provided by our state government. Trevor knows he hit the jackpot by having a CPA as a spouse. I can easily keep the books and even run payroll for him, but the whole vision has been his baby and I have tried to stay out of it as much as possible. We both want my focus to be at home with the kids. But don't get me wrong, I own 50% of this thing ;-)
Anyway, we signed on the loan in September and after an intense construction period, we opened in the middle of December. (And yeah, all of this happened right when Rylan was born, I don't know how we did that). And now that the holidays are over he is heavily marketing to the local doctors in the area. We really wanted to start from the ground up rather than buying an existing practice, but with that comes the challenges of building clientele. We have had some really great feedback from the doctors and he's starting to see some patients come in. Until his schedule is full, he continues to contract with some long-term care facilities. Anyway, this has been the craziest/busiest time of our marriage. Trevor has worked many a long day and night to see make this happen. I am really proud of him.
So, we'll see how it goes....it is intense and stressful, but there is a huge need for physical therapy as the baby boomers age, and thankfully, health care isn't hit as hard as other industries in the suffering economy.
For those of you in our area, his office is off of Pacific Avenue across from Spanaway Lake Golf Course (by the Taco Bell and Ace Hardware). And a major benefit: 10 minute commute...gotta love that.

You can also check it out at our very basic website (still need to trick it out!, all in due time....): www.eliteptwa.com

6 comments:

The Tippetts 12:41 PM  

Congratulations you guys! I can only imagine how scary opening your own business can be...BTW, the website is simple, but it's nice. It doesn't have all the weird fonts and it's easy to navigate and read.

Jen I 1:05 PM  

Wow. Exciting! And scary! Good luck. Too bad we don't live there. Our family alone could keep you in business.

Rigby Family 1:14 PM  

Congrats, guys! We are very excited for you. That was exactly what our plan was at one point...it's funny how things change. Own practice...treating prisoners! Whatever! Good luck with it all!

Adrienne Urvina 3:53 PM  

Congrats! This is so great for you all. What an awesome accomplishment. You make a great team.

thehalvs 7:22 PM  

Congratulations. Really, it's a very cool thing to do. Good luck!

SabinJT 6:29 PM  

The Sabin Family highly reccommends that anyone in need of physical therapy help give Elite Physical Therapy a shot!! Jer and Chili are huge fans!!!

Email Me

Blog Archive

Our {business}

Why I {Blog}

My little blog is a family journal. I include things on here I want to remember years and years from now. So when I post a zillion pictures...it is because I want to have it for my posterity. So please forgive the often posted-picture overload.

Currently I am trying to focus on my photography skills...reading, reading, reading, and taking pictures when I can. Then edit, read, read, read some more. I finally feel like I have a basic understanding of exposure...hooray! I updated my blog template so I can display larger photos because...aren't pictures better than anything I have to say anyway?

More about me here.

Looking For Something?

Avoiding {Illiteracy}

  • Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis
  • The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
  • Persuasion by Jane Austen
  • Chocolat by Joanne Harris
  • The Squires Tale by Gerald Morris
  • David Copperfield by Charles Dickens
  • Watership Down by Richard Adams
  • Crossing to Safety by Wallace Stegner
  • The Color of Water by James McBride
  • I Am a Mother by Jane Clayson Johnson
  • Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
  • The Tempest by William Shakespeare
  • The Witch of Blackbird Pond & The Bronze Bow by Elizabeth George Speare
  • Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky
  • Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
  • Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
  • Freakonomics by Steven Levitt & Stephen Dubner
  • Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
  • Undaunted Courage by Stephen E. Ambrose
  • Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes