Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter!

Easter was great (despite the down pour rain fall today)...egg hunts, easter egg dye, easter clothes, and of course plenty of talk about the reason for it all. The kids sang "Did Jesus Really Live Again" in church today, and Addy has surprised me by how much she understands about the resurrection. Maybe I had a part in it??...probaby not, but at least we aren't totally self-indulging today. Mom's candy patrol' starts again today too. I swear there is more candy at Easter than Halloween...between 3 egg hunts and filled Easter baskets...I'll be policing (or eating it myself) for weeks...

Oh, and this little guy has pneumonia! After a visit to convenience care last Thursday because he was breathing funny and seemed sluggish and agitated, and then xrays and doctor again on Friday, all signs pointed to pneumonia...which kind of faaa-reaks me out, but the pediatrician said it is only scary when it goes un-treated. So, he is on antibiotics for 10 days and has perked right up. Follow up check on Thursday, so I hope all goes well. If it would just warm up around here!!!


Classic Addy face.



New Crocs from the Easter Bunny!

The best picture I got because it was pouring rain as we were leaving for church...and pretty much the whole rest of the day too. Sunshine we miss you so ......

7 comments:

Camille and Bryce 8:14 AM  

Their little outfits are SOOO cute! What a fun Easter with the kiddos. Cannot WAIT to see them in just a few weeks. The countdown is on!

Carmen Goetschius 11:05 AM  

Shelly! You are becoming such a brilliant photographer! These are fantastic! What lovely pictures and such sweet faces with these little eggs. Good luck with the policing on the candy. I bought stuff to send in a carepackage to Zambia and I have eaten like half the chocolate! SHEESH!!

Hope you are well dear friend! Love, Car

Kalie (+ the Jesse Boys) 2:59 PM  

Well it looks like Easter was a huge success despite the rain! I hope Rylan starts feeling better quick!
We got to enjoy a little video trip down memory lane to Easter 1984 yesterday at my dad's, and it's amazing how much we've all grown and changed (and turned into our parents). We sure miss you guys!

Adrienne Urvina 3:33 PM  

Happy Easter the kids look adorable. Glad you had a great weekend. Hopefully little Rylan will be feeling better soon.

TiAnn, Paul, Kalispell, and Brinnley Finn 3:40 PM  

What beautiful kids you have! Rylan looks like he's growing fast, and Addy looks like she's full of spunk and attitude! You have a wonderful family.

Onjali and Todd 5:01 PM  

cute pictures! We hope Rylan starts feeling better, that's scary.

Dan and Anne 11:52 PM  

The kids look adorable! I love the classic addy face! That is really scary about Rylan.... I'm happy to hear he is doing better!

Email Me

Blog Archive

Our {business}

Why I {Blog}

My little blog is a family journal. I include things on here I want to remember years and years from now. So when I post a zillion pictures...it is because I want to have it for my posterity. So please forgive the often posted-picture overload.

Currently I am trying to focus on my photography skills...reading, reading, reading, and taking pictures when I can. Then edit, read, read, read some more. I finally feel like I have a basic understanding of exposure...hooray! I updated my blog template so I can display larger photos because...aren't pictures better than anything I have to say anyway?

More about me here.

Looking For Something?

Avoiding {Illiteracy}

  • Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis
  • The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
  • Persuasion by Jane Austen
  • Chocolat by Joanne Harris
  • The Squires Tale by Gerald Morris
  • David Copperfield by Charles Dickens
  • Watership Down by Richard Adams
  • Crossing to Safety by Wallace Stegner
  • The Color of Water by James McBride
  • I Am a Mother by Jane Clayson Johnson
  • Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
  • The Tempest by William Shakespeare
  • The Witch of Blackbird Pond & The Bronze Bow by Elizabeth George Speare
  • Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky
  • Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
  • Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
  • Freakonomics by Steven Levitt & Stephen Dubner
  • Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
  • Undaunted Courage by Stephen E. Ambrose
  • Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes