Thursday, May 07, 2009

Happiest Place on Earth 2009

We escaped to California for a quick trip to the happiest place on earth last week. We took a long weekend and crammed in as much as we possibly could! Even 4 days in the park was just not enough time to get to everything. It was go, go, go the entire time and we are exhausted, but we had a blast...you know we love all things Disney! One of the best parts of the trip was having Grandma and Grandpa Dalley, Aunt Erin, and Bryce & Becca with us!! G&G stayed in the same hotel with us and B&B were just a block away. The kids had such a fun time together and my mom and dad were such a huge help with Rylan (and all the kids) in the park. I definitely think we wore them out...but hopefully we haven't ruined our chances for a return trip with them! It is so fun to do all the rides together! Plus, we'd get to the front of the line and say 'party of 12' and get the whole ride to ourselves! Here is a picture of the whole gang (minus Bryce....he was hooking us all up with fast passes...since it was his birthday he could get 10 passes to most of the fast pass rides in the park...but he was at the ticket booth working that out during the group photo...sorry Bryce, but happy birthday!)


All the kids with their mouse ears! You can't tell in the photo, but Caden is holding his Buzz Lightyear toy...he got that on day #2, and I don't think he put it down the entire time!


Carson's favorite things: Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, Thunder Mountain Railroad, and Buzz Lightyear, and getting his Pirate sword.



Addy's favorite things: Minnie Mouse, all the princesses, Soarin' over California, and the Dumbo ride.







Ry's favorite things: Tiki Room, It's a Small World (kind of torturous for the rest of us), and Winnie the Pooh. This picture (below) was the look on his face most of the time...just in awe of the colors, lights, and action going on all the time. I was worried about taking a baby, but Disney makes it so easy to take along little ones and the added support of Grandma was a huge help!






Lot's of walking! Trevor was working on both of my parents at night (Dad for his back/hip and Mom for her foot)....Erin was teasing them hard core. We are so glad they came with us!!


Bryce worked out LA Galaxy tickets for the group (professional soccer). It was an amazing facility...but we were not prepared for the wind and cold...the rest of the time in California was great, but the night of this game we were freezing!!




It was a fantastic trip. I keep worrying my kids will 'grow out' of Disneyland some day so we better go while they still love it. There is definitely something special about going while they are young and get so excited about the characters (even if we do have to manage a few meltdowns along the way!) My favorite things: The Aladdin musical, the Pixar parade, California Screamin', new Toy Story ride, and the Disney Character Breakfast (definitely worth the extra $$), and the fact that no one was sick (no swine flu here). Trev's favorite things: Indiana Jones, California Screamin', Space Mountain, and the fresh sour dough bread from CA adventure. Trev is already planning our return trip...wanna come?

8 comments:

Andee (+ Kelly) 6:42 AM  

Don't you just love Disneyland! I don't think I'll ever get sick of it!! The kids look like they had so much fun! It's good to hear Ry could also enjoy himself. His looked so amazed and in awe in that picture!

Love you guys!

Hilary 8:39 AM  

Man, we didn't go this year with the baby n' all... makes me miss it. I'm pretty sure we'll be heading out next spring though.

Kalie (+ the Jesse Boys) 1:21 PM  

I'm so glad you guys had a great time. All the kids looked like they were seriously enjoying themselves. Thanks for all the great pictures! Seeing all your smiling faces in Disneyland makes me think we need to plan another trip really fast! It was so much fun!

Rick 7:46 PM  

Last year we did Disneyworld with a baby and discovered that "It's a Small World" is a great ride for nursing a crusty baby. For some reason there was never a long line for that "ride"... We've been thinking about doing Disneyland this year, let us know when you are going back!

Tyler 11:58 AM  

Wow! Look how much fun you guys had! I am so jealous! I can't wait to see all of you this summer!

Carmen Goetschius 12:20 PM  

SO FUN!!!! What a cool trip! What was your favorite part Shell?!?

Darin and Melinda 2:28 PM  

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun...and no swine flu...YEAH! You are such a great photographer, all of your pictures look professional, I need to find out what kind of camera you have. Hope that all is well!

Karen 6:20 AM  

we'll meet you!!! how about disneyWORLD this time???

Email Me

Blog Archive

Our {business}

Why I {Blog}

My little blog is a family journal. I include things on here I want to remember years and years from now. So when I post a zillion pictures...it is because I want to have it for my posterity. So please forgive the often posted-picture overload.

Currently I am trying to focus on my photography skills...reading, reading, reading, and taking pictures when I can. Then edit, read, read, read some more. I finally feel like I have a basic understanding of exposure...hooray! I updated my blog template so I can display larger photos because...aren't pictures better than anything I have to say anyway?

More about me here.

Looking For Something?

Avoiding {Illiteracy}

  • Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis
  • The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
  • Persuasion by Jane Austen
  • Chocolat by Joanne Harris
  • The Squires Tale by Gerald Morris
  • David Copperfield by Charles Dickens
  • Watership Down by Richard Adams
  • Crossing to Safety by Wallace Stegner
  • The Color of Water by James McBride
  • I Am a Mother by Jane Clayson Johnson
  • Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
  • The Tempest by William Shakespeare
  • The Witch of Blackbird Pond & The Bronze Bow by Elizabeth George Speare
  • Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky
  • Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
  • Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
  • Freakonomics by Steven Levitt & Stephen Dubner
  • Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
  • Undaunted Courage by Stephen E. Ambrose
  • Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes