Thursday, June 18, 2009

Animal Crackers in my Soup!

Addy had her end-of-year dance recital at the beginning of June. Her class runs a full school year, and she has loved her teacher, Ms. Nancy and her tap/ballet class this year. We lucked out with a small class of only 6 girls, which made it lots of fun each week. For the recital the class did a tap dance to the completely adorable song, "Animal Crackers" by Shirley Temple in the movie 'Curly Top'. I loved how age appropriate the song and costumes were this year...sometimes I feel like they 'dress up' these girls to look and act much older, but these sweet costumes and bobby socks were so sweet for our little 4 year old. The 'Animal Cracker' girls got lots of oohs and ahhs. Addy did great ... I never really know how well she knows it until she is on stage because she resists practicing with me.....and I am freakin' awesome at this dance by the way.
She was so excited to have her very own flowers for the kitchen counter!

Aunt Erin endured the long day with me for the dress rehearsal and recital...it was so nice to have her company and help! She flew up to help me travel to North Carolina the day after the recital and she was such a huge help (more on our trip soon). Thanks Erin!




1 comments:

Tyler 1:05 PM  

That girl is do cute! I can't wait to see her and everyone else in a few weeks! Thanks for the update chelle!

Email Me

Blog Archive

Our {business}

Why I {Blog}

My little blog is a family journal. I include things on here I want to remember years and years from now. So when I post a zillion pictures...it is because I want to have it for my posterity. So please forgive the often posted-picture overload.

Currently I am trying to focus on my photography skills...reading, reading, reading, and taking pictures when I can. Then edit, read, read, read some more. I finally feel like I have a basic understanding of exposure...hooray! I updated my blog template so I can display larger photos because...aren't pictures better than anything I have to say anyway?

More about me here.

Looking For Something?

Avoiding {Illiteracy}

  • Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis
  • The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
  • Persuasion by Jane Austen
  • Chocolat by Joanne Harris
  • The Squires Tale by Gerald Morris
  • David Copperfield by Charles Dickens
  • Watership Down by Richard Adams
  • Crossing to Safety by Wallace Stegner
  • The Color of Water by James McBride
  • I Am a Mother by Jane Clayson Johnson
  • Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
  • The Tempest by William Shakespeare
  • The Witch of Blackbird Pond & The Bronze Bow by Elizabeth George Speare
  • Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky
  • Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
  • Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
  • Freakonomics by Steven Levitt & Stephen Dubner
  • Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
  • Undaunted Courage by Stephen E. Ambrose
  • Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes