Friday, June 19, 2009

OBX Fam Reunion

We had the best time in the Outer Banks in North Carolina last week! My mom's family has a reunion every couple years and this year my uncle Doug, from DC, planned this amazing vacation for all of us West-coasters. I think we were all a little skeptical at first at the time and distance involved in traveling all the way to OBX, but it was SOOO worth it! I am a believer now. I loved this touristy area with all the beach houses, fun restaurants and shops, and of course, one amazing beach that was right outside our back door! We didn't want to leave! Definitely on my list of places to re-visit! Here is the house! Huge and fun!





View from the back of the house. The board walk was our own private entrance to the beach.




The pool. So fun, but a little scary too with all the little kids. By day 2 I think all the kids had the 'pool rules' down...day 1 was a little scary!




The pool never gets old. Addy begged to be here all day...I had to force her out to the beach each day because she'd just rather swim at the house all day!




3 babies in the pool! These three were so fun (all so close in age, less than 5 months between all three). Brynn, Ry, and Graham are fun cousins!




Carson




Boogie boardin'



Erin catching the waves. I got rocked on the last day and have the sore ribs to prove it, but man, was it fun!


Paige and Addy playing in the sand.


Carson taking a break.


Ry is not too happy about this photo op. He loved feeling his feet in the sand and ate his fair share of it too. Hey, a little sand never hurt any one.

Trev came for the last half of the week. I was so glad he got to come, even if for just part of the time. He flew on the red eye, but never complained once about being tired. The Dalley fam...we missed Bryce & Beck so much!





4 generations. Me, my mom, Addy, and Grandma Snow


Thanks Uncle Doug and Aunt Sara for planning this unforgettable trip! We had such a blast with everyone!!

6 comments:

Jen I 8:38 PM  

Oh my gosh! That looks like such a blast! And what a stinking cute beach house. You're re-energizing my belief in cool family reunions. We got a beach house in California one summer (not as quaint as this one and no pool), but such awesome memories. Great photos!

Rachelle 11:13 PM  

It looks like you had a wonderful time, I love that the ocean was just steps outside your back door! What a great time for your kids to meet some fun cousins and hang out together, thanks for the great photos, your family is so cute!!!

Andee (+ Kelly) 1:40 PM  

Love the family photos! I really like the one of the kids at the top with their backs to the camera!!

Missed you guys! Hope to see you soon!

Dan and Anne 7:45 PM  

That looks so awesome! I wish we would have been invited! :) We can't wait to see you guys in less than 2 weeks! Cafe Rio here we come!

manders 11:23 PM  

Wow! What a vacation or should I say paradise. Everything looks beautiful and the house wow! I love all the cute pics of your kids they are too cute.

Carmen Goetschius 9:56 AM  

Beautiful pics! I especially love that last family picture of you guys. I am thinking that one has got to be the Christmas pic this year!

You have such a wonderful family. I love the Dalley's!!

Email Me

Blog Archive

Our {business}

Why I {Blog}

My little blog is a family journal. I include things on here I want to remember years and years from now. So when I post a zillion pictures...it is because I want to have it for my posterity. So please forgive the often posted-picture overload.

Currently I am trying to focus on my photography skills...reading, reading, reading, and taking pictures when I can. Then edit, read, read, read some more. I finally feel like I have a basic understanding of exposure...hooray! I updated my blog template so I can display larger photos because...aren't pictures better than anything I have to say anyway?

More about me here.

Looking For Something?

Avoiding {Illiteracy}

  • Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis
  • The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
  • Persuasion by Jane Austen
  • Chocolat by Joanne Harris
  • The Squires Tale by Gerald Morris
  • David Copperfield by Charles Dickens
  • Watership Down by Richard Adams
  • Crossing to Safety by Wallace Stegner
  • The Color of Water by James McBride
  • I Am a Mother by Jane Clayson Johnson
  • Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
  • The Tempest by William Shakespeare
  • The Witch of Blackbird Pond & The Bronze Bow by Elizabeth George Speare
  • Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky
  • Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
  • Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
  • Freakonomics by Steven Levitt & Stephen Dubner
  • Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
  • Undaunted Courage by Stephen E. Ambrose
  • Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes