Friday, August 07, 2009

Camping & Summer Milestones

We headed to Sequim, WA (about 2 hours away) last weekend to meet up with Trevor's mom on their 2 week camping trip. We stayed two nights, and it was so nice to get away! Okay, I had only been back from SLC for 3 days when we left...I feel like I haven't even been home lately....but we are making the most out of the summer, and it has been a blast! Trevor really wanted to get the trailer out once a month during the summer, but we haven't been since Memorial Day....we have some catching up to do in the next 2 months. So, thanks to Grandma Judy and Grandpa Chuck for the invite! The campground in Sequim was rather 'corporate' (can they call it camping when there isn't even a fire pit?)...but they had great amenities

...so we played baseball...
...and horseshoes...

...and on the playground...
And we went up to Port Angeles. It was over 100 degrees in Seattle so we enjoyed the nice and refreshing 70 degree weather (and a little cold with the marine air). We went to see these amazing sand sculptures, which was part of an art festival...they were so cool!



Here is Addy....."wo! that water is cold mom!". Yeah, this is no east coast Atlantic ocean! But gorgeous, none the less!

As for the summer at home, Carson has mastered the RipStick thanks to a little training from Aunt Erin. He is so fast now!!


And, Addy is riding her bike without training wheels! She has had this bike with training wheels since her 3rd birthday. Trevor moved the wheels up a few months ago without her realizing it. She was hardly even using the training wheels, but kept resisting every time Trev suggested taking them off for good. But, he finally just did it without asking. She was so mad for about 5 minutes and then took off down the street like it was nothing. She was so excited and so proud! Our little 4 year old on a bike with no training wheels!



3 comments:

thehalvs 9:58 AM  

Sorry I haven't checked the blog in a while. Looks like you guys have had a great summer. How is it going in YW? I'm sure the girls are loving getting to know you better. Miss you!

Jenn

Tyler 11:23 AM  

Oh the kids look great! I miss you guys!

Camille and Bryce 9:36 AM  

Such cute pics! Addy is so good at her bike!! What a proud moment for Trev I'm sure. Car Car looks so cute with is glove playing catch. Missing you guys...can't wait to see you NEXT WEEK!

Email Me

Blog Archive

Our {business}

Why I {Blog}

My little blog is a family journal. I include things on here I want to remember years and years from now. So when I post a zillion pictures...it is because I want to have it for my posterity. So please forgive the often posted-picture overload.

Currently I am trying to focus on my photography skills...reading, reading, reading, and taking pictures when I can. Then edit, read, read, read some more. I finally feel like I have a basic understanding of exposure...hooray! I updated my blog template so I can display larger photos because...aren't pictures better than anything I have to say anyway?

More about me here.

Looking For Something?

Avoiding {Illiteracy}

  • Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis
  • The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
  • Persuasion by Jane Austen
  • Chocolat by Joanne Harris
  • The Squires Tale by Gerald Morris
  • David Copperfield by Charles Dickens
  • Watership Down by Richard Adams
  • Crossing to Safety by Wallace Stegner
  • The Color of Water by James McBride
  • I Am a Mother by Jane Clayson Johnson
  • Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
  • The Tempest by William Shakespeare
  • The Witch of Blackbird Pond & The Bronze Bow by Elizabeth George Speare
  • Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky
  • Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
  • Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
  • Freakonomics by Steven Levitt & Stephen Dubner
  • Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
  • Undaunted Courage by Stephen E. Ambrose
  • Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes