Sunday, September 06, 2009

My Baby is One

Yes, true....my baby is a year old. How can that be? My helpless, colicky newborn is now a crawling, smiling, waving, patty-cake playing, 6-toothed little boy...oh, wait, let's not go that far...little baby. Is he technically a toddler now? Well, no matter, I am keeping him as my baby for a little while longer.

This last year has been crazy...with Trevor starting his own business (the construction began the day after Ry was born), and all the crazy hours and changes with his work schedule. The new business has really thrown our family for a loop...But, now, the workload has eased up since things have been going really well at Elite Physical Therapy; for which we feel greatly blessed. In the midst of all the craziness, we had this sweet baby boy that added so much love and happiness to our home.

You can often hear someone saying to Ry: "We love having a baby in the house!"...kind of our term of endearment to him...we say it all the time. And, it is so true. There is just something so fun about having a baby in the house. We ooh and aah over the new things he discovers, funny faces he makes, and cute babbling words he says. It is the best....or, 'HE is our best' as Addy says.

Happy Birthday little guy. You are our best!

Party #1 with the his all his cousins on my side of the family....Everyone was in town, so we did an impromptu party (a week and a half early) so he could celebrate with two of his bestest friends, Graham and Brynn! Thanks to my sisters for helping me pull it off!






Party #2 on his actual birthday (September 4th). We had cupcakes and presents before Trevor and I headed out for our 11th Anniversary dinner date. Yes, remember??? Ry was born on our 10-year anniversary? So this was our first year with the trial run of trying to celebrate both. It was a little chaotic...and Trevor thinks we should officially move our anniversary to another day for the next 17 years. But, it seems to lose a little sentimental value that way?? I'll think about it.
Side note here...Happy 11th anniversary babe. Thanks for all you do for our little family. You have amazed me this year with all you have accomplished. I didn't know 11 years ago that you would be such an amazing father and husband. Thank you for all you do for me each and every day. Thank you especially for all the small stuff: doing the dishes when I cook, helping with the bedtime routine, tackling the 'honey-do' list, buying me flowers for no reason, and making sure I take time for myself away from the kids ....These things are invaluable to me. I love you, happy anniversary!





6 comments:

Carmen Goetschius 6:48 PM  

Sweet, sweet, sweet. Happy Birthday, Ry! Happy Anniversary Shell and Trev!! BTW, how on earth could it really be 11 years?!?!?!

Bringhurst Family 8:52 AM  

Congrats to the family in all respects. Sydni was born on our second anniversary so I understand the dilemma!

Shawny 9:59 AM  

what a lucky boy, two cakes!! the cake you had for him in the first picture looks huge! I bet that was fun to clean up :) he's a cutie

SuburbiaMom 9:00 PM  

Well that year went by fast!!! Doesn't it seem that each year goes by faster than the one before and the younger children are growing up faster than the older ones?

Cute little guy, by the way!

Dan and Anne 2:47 PM  

Happy Birthday RYRY! I hope you got our gift! We love you!

Darin and Melinda 7:32 PM  

Happy B-day little guy! We wish we could have been there to share your cake...that looked delicious, but it turns out you didn't need it, you tackled it like a champ!

Email Me

Blog Archive

Our {business}

Why I {Blog}

My little blog is a family journal. I include things on here I want to remember years and years from now. So when I post a zillion pictures...it is because I want to have it for my posterity. So please forgive the often posted-picture overload.

Currently I am trying to focus on my photography skills...reading, reading, reading, and taking pictures when I can. Then edit, read, read, read some more. I finally feel like I have a basic understanding of exposure...hooray! I updated my blog template so I can display larger photos because...aren't pictures better than anything I have to say anyway?

More about me here.

Looking For Something?

Avoiding {Illiteracy}

  • Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis
  • The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
  • Persuasion by Jane Austen
  • Chocolat by Joanne Harris
  • The Squires Tale by Gerald Morris
  • David Copperfield by Charles Dickens
  • Watership Down by Richard Adams
  • Crossing to Safety by Wallace Stegner
  • The Color of Water by James McBride
  • I Am a Mother by Jane Clayson Johnson
  • Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
  • The Tempest by William Shakespeare
  • The Witch of Blackbird Pond & The Bronze Bow by Elizabeth George Speare
  • Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky
  • Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
  • Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
  • Freakonomics by Steven Levitt & Stephen Dubner
  • Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
  • Undaunted Courage by Stephen E. Ambrose
  • Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes