Saturday, September 12, 2009

Season Openers

Gotta love soccer. I love this time of year in the Northwest. It is THE best season to enjoy an outside sport. And what a gorgeous day today! Addy is finally old enough to play after watching Carson on the sidelines for 3 years (dang October birthday). But, with 2 kids in soccer this year, our Saturdays just got a bit crazier. Luckily, only 2 Saturdays during the season end in a conflict with both kids playing at the same time in different locations. So, we'll have to divide and conquer on those days (what will we do when we have 3 kids in soccer?).

But for today...10:30 for Addison and 2:00 for Carson left just enough time for a Costco run and lunch in between.

Carson has a pretty intense coach this year. No shirts untucked ("boys, we're going to look like real soccer players"), sitting with the team on the sidelines when you are out of play (no chit chatting with mom or dad), focusing on your actual position on the field ("where are you supposed to be? and who is your guy?"), showing up for games 30 minutes early (30 minutes!), and my favorite: running laps at practice if you aren't paying attention. Which, come to think of it, I might start implementing as my own form of discipline at home. His favorite teammate is on the team again this year (Carson M.)...so these two are constantly called by their last names or by first names and last intials..."Carson P: go this way!"; "Carson M: great job". It's funny, but they like it.

Carson P (#4) and Carson M (#6)


We had high hopes that Addy would be really aggressive and tough on the field. But, her girly charm came through (I should have known when she was the only member on both teams with pink shorts, socks, and shoes) and she mostly enjoyed posing for the camera, running over to the sidelines to give us the 'thumbs up' after she touched the ball, and constantly showing us her 'moves' which included walking sideways on the field (wowzers!). She played the whole game with a smile on her face. She really wants to score a goal so we are going to work on getting some actual contact with the ball next week.





Cheering squad in full force! Go Dinos (Carson) and Eagles (Addy)!!

8 comments:

manders 12:50 AM  

sooooo cute. I can't believe how fast your kids are growing. Addie is soooo beautiful. Looks like you have a busy year ahead of you.

Our family 6:51 AM  

we're right there with you, except that our daughter has no desire to play. Our coaches this year, though, are way tougher on the boys and I love it! It's kind of funny to see how frustrated they get yelling at the kids to play posititions and to actually go after the ball.

Camille and Bryce 7:19 PM  

So funny! Made me laugh. Bryce says its ridiculous that Addy has BOW in her hair to play soccer and that that should be eliminated next game! :) Go Car-Car and Addy!

Tyler 11:23 PM  

Oh those kids are growing to fast! I hope you have lots of video! I want to see it at Thanksgiving!

Becca, Bryce, Ty and Caden 9:20 AM  

You're a busy, busy lady Rochelle! I don't envy you!! Carson and Addy look like they are having a ball! I love the pic of Rylan!

Darin and Melinda 12:36 PM  

What great pictures...and not just because your kids are so cute,you are a really good photographer. Rylan is the cutest "cheerleader" I have ever seen...what a fun day!

Kalie (+ the Jesse Boys) 5:25 PM  

I love Addison's pink shorts and socks! So cute and girly. But it I know you'll have a crazy season between practices and games. They looked like they were having so much fun...so keep that smile on your face too!

Dan and Anne 5:30 AM  

Highlight of this blog post - addy's sweet shorts and Rylan's cheering! They all look so cute. I'm happy that the family will have some athletic talents!

Email Me

Blog Archive

Our {business}

Why I {Blog}

My little blog is a family journal. I include things on here I want to remember years and years from now. So when I post a zillion pictures...it is because I want to have it for my posterity. So please forgive the often posted-picture overload.

Currently I am trying to focus on my photography skills...reading, reading, reading, and taking pictures when I can. Then edit, read, read, read some more. I finally feel like I have a basic understanding of exposure...hooray! I updated my blog template so I can display larger photos because...aren't pictures better than anything I have to say anyway?

More about me here.

Looking For Something?

Avoiding {Illiteracy}

  • Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis
  • The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
  • Persuasion by Jane Austen
  • Chocolat by Joanne Harris
  • The Squires Tale by Gerald Morris
  • David Copperfield by Charles Dickens
  • Watership Down by Richard Adams
  • Crossing to Safety by Wallace Stegner
  • The Color of Water by James McBride
  • I Am a Mother by Jane Clayson Johnson
  • Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
  • The Tempest by William Shakespeare
  • The Witch of Blackbird Pond & The Bronze Bow by Elizabeth George Speare
  • Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky
  • Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
  • Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
  • Freakonomics by Steven Levitt & Stephen Dubner
  • Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
  • Undaunted Courage by Stephen E. Ambrose
  • Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes