Monday, December 07, 2009

{The Christmas Tree Hunt}

We met up with my sister and her fam to cut down our Christmas tree. Yes, we put up with the needles and sap to enjoy a fresh tree each year. We love it and wouldn't have it any other way! I don't think our kids would even let us get away with going to a Christmas tree 'lot' anymore! We headed to our favorite spot in Orting; The Red Barn. The kids love the train that takes your around and drops you off in the 'forest' to find your tree. You cut it down, haul it back to the train for the ride back to the barn where they wrap it up for you to take home. Nothing like a fresh tree in your home to make it feel like Christmas! It was fun to be with the Apkens too...although I didn't any good shots of the cousins together. But know we had a blast with them :-)

Here comes the train!


They waited for a long time to be able to ride in the caboose! I managed to squeeze in too. Paige was a little wary of the caboose, so she and the rest of the crew rode in the 'open' cars.

Ry's usual spot: on top of Dad's shoulders.




Ry found a tree just his size! This so reminds me of the Charlie Brown Christmas tree :-)



The Pettingill Family Christmas tree!



My two favorite shots of the day...the kids in the caboose of the train.

7 comments:

Camille and Bryce 4:42 PM  

Love it! Glad you guys treked out in the cold to get it! But hey...atleast it wasn't raining! I want to see a picture of the finished product!

Jen I 7:34 PM  

Wow! That's like hard-core Christmas! How cool!

Carmen Goetschius 8:09 PM  

Happy Tree Hunting! What a fun excursion! This looks like a fun tradition. Love to all of you!

Darin and Melinda 11:25 AM  

You guys are such a good looking family, and I LOVE Rylan with his cute mini tree...did he get to take it home for his crib?

Onjali and Todd 1:45 PM  

how fun! love all the pictures. I am so sad I didn't take any thanksgiving pictures, so I might just have to steal some of yours. Did any of you kids get sick after we left? Evee and Owen both have croup, it sucks.

Andee (+ Kelly) 3:56 PM  

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun!! I love the pictures! You always take the best shots!

Tyler 9:42 PM  

Looks liks so much fun! And the kids look so cute! great pictures! Wow I miss you guys!

Email Me

Blog Archive

Our {business}

Why I {Blog}

My little blog is a family journal. I include things on here I want to remember years and years from now. So when I post a zillion pictures...it is because I want to have it for my posterity. So please forgive the often posted-picture overload.

Currently I am trying to focus on my photography skills...reading, reading, reading, and taking pictures when I can. Then edit, read, read, read some more. I finally feel like I have a basic understanding of exposure...hooray! I updated my blog template so I can display larger photos because...aren't pictures better than anything I have to say anyway?

More about me here.

Looking For Something?

Avoiding {Illiteracy}

  • Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis
  • The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
  • Persuasion by Jane Austen
  • Chocolat by Joanne Harris
  • The Squires Tale by Gerald Morris
  • David Copperfield by Charles Dickens
  • Watership Down by Richard Adams
  • Crossing to Safety by Wallace Stegner
  • The Color of Water by James McBride
  • I Am a Mother by Jane Clayson Johnson
  • Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
  • The Tempest by William Shakespeare
  • The Witch of Blackbird Pond & The Bronze Bow by Elizabeth George Speare
  • Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky
  • Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
  • Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
  • Freakonomics by Steven Levitt & Stephen Dubner
  • Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
  • Undaunted Courage by Stephen E. Ambrose
  • Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes