Friday, December 18, 2009

{The Finished Product}

Here is our fresh cut tree all lit up and decorated. I had to document the finished product with all those little twinkling lights strung by yours truly....which is my least favorite job of Christmas decorating and almost, just almost, makes me want a pre-lit artificial tree. Good thing I've had quite a few years of practice now. I think I have 15 strands on there...and no, not connected end to end...that blows a fuse in one of the strands (been there, done that). Up and down each branch ...winding in a skilled fashion so the cord doesn't show. With green, pine-smelling fingers lingering for a day or two. But, I love it now...it makes me so happy!

The kids decorated most if it all by themselves. It is crammed with childhood ornaments (even one I made as a Sunbeam!) and bunches we have collected over the last 11 years together. Each one of the kids has their own little collection too. It really is full of memories...and that is the best kind of tree to me! Now it is just trying to keep Rylan from pulling the whole thing over. He enjoys pulling off all the ornaments and transferring them to some other spot in the room like it is his little job or something. It's so fun trying to imagine how he might see this ginormous, magical, sparkly tree in our family room. It's amazing to see even our little guy's excitement about something seemingly normal to the rest of us now.

Now to finishing up the shopping/wrapping of the presents to go under it!






5 comments:

Tim and Lisa 7:52 AM  

Beautiful! Our tree is also decorated by kids. With lots of memories too. Each year the kids get to pick out an ornament, and when they get married they have lots of memories too.

Jen I 9:43 AM  

Those pictures are BEAUTIFUL.

Finn Clan 4:43 PM  

How fun! I agree that the trees plastered in sentimental ornaments are the best. Your photos are just beautiful as always, and I was wondering what type of camera that you have? Because I want one!

Darin and Melinda 1:52 PM  

Gorgeous!!!

Carmen 8:48 PM  

O my gosh, these are so sweet. And your Ry sleeping in that last one is just darling! You are great. I will call you soon. I swear! :-)

Email Me

Blog Archive

Our {business}

Why I {Blog}

My little blog is a family journal. I include things on here I want to remember years and years from now. So when I post a zillion pictures...it is because I want to have it for my posterity. So please forgive the often posted-picture overload.

Currently I am trying to focus on my photography skills...reading, reading, reading, and taking pictures when I can. Then edit, read, read, read some more. I finally feel like I have a basic understanding of exposure...hooray! I updated my blog template so I can display larger photos because...aren't pictures better than anything I have to say anyway?

More about me here.

Looking For Something?

Avoiding {Illiteracy}

  • Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis
  • The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
  • Persuasion by Jane Austen
  • Chocolat by Joanne Harris
  • The Squires Tale by Gerald Morris
  • David Copperfield by Charles Dickens
  • Watership Down by Richard Adams
  • Crossing to Safety by Wallace Stegner
  • The Color of Water by James McBride
  • I Am a Mother by Jane Clayson Johnson
  • Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
  • The Tempest by William Shakespeare
  • The Witch of Blackbird Pond & The Bronze Bow by Elizabeth George Speare
  • Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky
  • Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
  • Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
  • Freakonomics by Steven Levitt & Stephen Dubner
  • Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
  • Undaunted Courage by Stephen E. Ambrose
  • Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes