Thursday, January 28, 2010

{My Baby is Eight}

It happened.  I don't know how, but it happened.  My little guy is now 8 years old.  And such a handsome guy if I do say so myself.  I know you moms out there with little babes can't imagine having an 8 year-old...strangely, I can't either. I don't feel old enough to have an 8 year old kid.  But a few birthdays and holidays and Wham! you have an eight year old.    I know I'll blink and we'll be preparing for his mission.  But here he is...growing up at lightning speed, and I can't stop it.





And we are all counting down the days to this:



We are so proud of you Carson and so happy to have you in our family.  I never knew how much fun a little boy could be!  I really can't believe it has been 8 years since we cuddled and held you for the first time.  And now we can't imagine life without you!  Things I love about you:
  • You still love to be around us
  • You can play basketball with your dad all night
  • You love playing with Addy
  • You are a big helper with Ry
  • You write me notes almost everyday
  • You tell me you love me every day
  • You are good student
  • You play well with your friends at school
  • You have amazing behavior at school (On a 'green' every day!)
  • You want me to help you pass various Mario levels on your DS
  • You love your cousins, grandmas, grandpas, aunts, and uncles.
  • You aren't a rowdy kid (most of the time)
  • You are loving piano lessons
  • You can't wait for baseball, soccer, and basketball seasons
  • You think you are a superhero in your cub scout uniform
  • You aren't dramatic
  • You are a little Type A (like me..yay!)
  • You can't wait to get your new scriptures
  • You are a great big brother and protector of Addy and Ry
  • You love being your dad's son and think he is the coolest dad ever (side note: Don't you just LOVE the dad/son relationship?...especially at this age...it is so fun for both of them. Not being a 'father' or a 'son' myself it is so fun to peek into this relationship and love it.)
and best of all
  • You made me a mom 8 years ago! 
We love you Carson!!

7 comments:

Our family 8:04 PM  

I feel your pain! The one that kills me is my second child. With the first I marked each big event and agonized over them. With #2, it just shocks me to realize she's aging too without me making as big a deal of it all. This growing up stuff is killing me.

chris...reese...paige...brynn 10:09 PM  

Eight is great. What a milestone! Honestly, Carson is so so sweet and I LOVE his age right now. He is so fun to be around. What a handsome boy.

N. Tipps 5:48 AM  

Great post, Rochelle. He is such a handsome guy and sounds like he's a sweet one too. Happy Birthday, Carson!

Karen 7:26 AM  

congratulations, you guys! i know, we AREN'T old enough to have 8-yr. olds... but it somehow happens :o)

have a wonderful time at carson's baptism. bennett's baptism day was one of the sweetest memories our family has ever had together. the spirit was so strong and each one of us acknowledged it at some point in the day. even ethan said, mom i feel so warm inside! it was really an amazing day...

love you guys!

Dan and Anne 9:58 AM  

I can't believe he is 8! And how exciting about his baptism! We just got the invite yesterday and I was sad we won't be there but congratulations Carson!

thehalvs 7:19 PM  

How fun! They really do grow quickly. I have one almost ready to leave the house! Miss you!

Sharon/MOM 9:40 PM  

What a sweet boy and what a sweet post. 8 is a terrific age and I was reading at the car wash waiting area and totally teared up because I could relate to every word. We love him and all of you so much! Can't wait to be there in person and enjoy all of you and especially Carson's baptism!

Email Me

Blog Archive

Our {business}

Why I {Blog}

My little blog is a family journal. I include things on here I want to remember years and years from now. So when I post a zillion pictures...it is because I want to have it for my posterity. So please forgive the often posted-picture overload.

Currently I am trying to focus on my photography skills...reading, reading, reading, and taking pictures when I can. Then edit, read, read, read some more. I finally feel like I have a basic understanding of exposure...hooray! I updated my blog template so I can display larger photos because...aren't pictures better than anything I have to say anyway?

More about me here.

Looking For Something?

Avoiding {Illiteracy}

  • Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis
  • The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
  • Persuasion by Jane Austen
  • Chocolat by Joanne Harris
  • The Squires Tale by Gerald Morris
  • David Copperfield by Charles Dickens
  • Watership Down by Richard Adams
  • Crossing to Safety by Wallace Stegner
  • The Color of Water by James McBride
  • I Am a Mother by Jane Clayson Johnson
  • Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
  • The Tempest by William Shakespeare
  • The Witch of Blackbird Pond & The Bronze Bow by Elizabeth George Speare
  • Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky
  • Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
  • Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
  • Freakonomics by Steven Levitt & Stephen Dubner
  • Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
  • Undaunted Courage by Stephen E. Ambrose
  • Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes