Wednesday, February 17, 2010

{Carson's Big Day}

Carson was baptized and confirmed by his Dad on February 6th!  To learn more about baptism and confirmation in our faith.  Click here and here.  What an amazing experience it is to watch your child grow and develop their own testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ.  He was surrounded and supported by so many family and friends, and we are so very grateful to all who were able to be with him on that day!  









The grandparents (minus Grandpa Chuck who was MIA during photo time! :-).  Thank you to Grandma Judy for giving a short testimony after the confirmation!


Carson was one of three boys getting baptized that day from our ward.  The boys were all very brave because the water was cold!  (I think the font got filled up too early!).  The spirit was strong, and we were all a little teary as he came up out of the water.  All his cousins got a front row spot to watch.  We are so glad he is such a good example to all these little ones! 

After he was confirmed and received the gift of the Holy Ghost, he came up to me and said, with a huge smile on his face,..."Mom, I have the Holy Ghost in my heart now!"  He was so happy! 


 All the Dalley cousins, below, after the service.  They sang a song with the rest of the primary age kids in attendance and did fantastic! (Notice Ry...totally sacked out!)



The whole group (minus some friends and church leaders that already left).


My sisters and sister-in-law made this cute cookie bouquet for Carson.  So cute!

And who would have guessed, but the weather was fabulous for a little picnic afterwards behind the chapel.  Sunshine all around!


His new scriptures that he has been waiting for!  He carries these around like they are gold.  Reading and marking ...taking pens in and out...shuffling stuff around.  He loves them.

After the picnic we headed to the local skating rink!  Most of us haven't been skating in a long, long time...and it was the first time for the kiddos and it was really fun!  No major injuries!






Thanks again to all our family and friends for making Carson's baptism such a memorable day! Your gifts and cards and notes to him are treasures he will have forever!  And, Carson, we couldn't be more proud of you! We are so happy you chose to make this step to be baptized a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and receive the Gift of the Holy Ghost. 



And, could he be any cuter?  Now that he is 8 he can go to Cub Scouts!  I am not quite sure who is more excited...Carson, Trevor, or Addy.  Addy has LOVED pack meetings (the whole family attends) and asks each week if it is 'pack meeting week'...but sadly, it only happens once a month.  The other weeks he attends with the wolf den on his own and he loves it! The Pinewood Derby is in a couple weeks (this one is all Trev/Carson)....and they finalized their design last night.  Pretty exciting stuff for an 8 year old and a dad!

4 comments:

manders 12:47 PM  

Wow! 8 already what a special day and to such a special boy. That is so neat that all the fam was able to travel for it. Congrats! We are never to old to roller skate

Jen I 1:57 PM  

Wow- does that make you feel old?! Not that you are, it's just a big milestone and a lot of growing up! You look amazing. Gorgeous. And he is adorable.

SuburbiaMom 4:11 PM  

Great post! I love the basketball scripture case. He is such a cutie--especially dressed in his cubscout uniform! Can I set him up with my 8-year old in about 13 years or so?

Erica 8:36 PM  

What a great post! And as always, the pictures are amazing. Congratulations to Carson. He really is so cute!!! I love the picture of him in his scout uniform - so awesome.

I'm so glad the Dalley clan was able to get together for his special day. And the fact that the weather was nice, was a special bonus.

Congrats to him again. It looks like it was a great day and definitely a special one to remember!!!

Much love!

Email Me

Blog Archive

Our {business}

Why I {Blog}

My little blog is a family journal. I include things on here I want to remember years and years from now. So when I post a zillion pictures...it is because I want to have it for my posterity. So please forgive the often posted-picture overload.

Currently I am trying to focus on my photography skills...reading, reading, reading, and taking pictures when I can. Then edit, read, read, read some more. I finally feel like I have a basic understanding of exposure...hooray! I updated my blog template so I can display larger photos because...aren't pictures better than anything I have to say anyway?

More about me here.

Looking For Something?

Avoiding {Illiteracy}

  • Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis
  • The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
  • Persuasion by Jane Austen
  • Chocolat by Joanne Harris
  • The Squires Tale by Gerald Morris
  • David Copperfield by Charles Dickens
  • Watership Down by Richard Adams
  • Crossing to Safety by Wallace Stegner
  • The Color of Water by James McBride
  • I Am a Mother by Jane Clayson Johnson
  • Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
  • The Tempest by William Shakespeare
  • The Witch of Blackbird Pond & The Bronze Bow by Elizabeth George Speare
  • Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky
  • Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
  • Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
  • Freakonomics by Steven Levitt & Stephen Dubner
  • Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
  • Undaunted Courage by Stephen E. Ambrose
  • Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes