Tuesday, April 20, 2010

{Addy's Mom & Me Night}

Have I told you how much I love preschool?  Well, I love it! I have been so, so, so happy with Addy's preschool this year...she loves Ms. Cindy!  They have been working on letters, numbers, and sounds....but they have also done an awesome science unit...learning all about the human body: ears, eyes, mouth, heart, digestive system, etc....all complete with take-home diagrams that Addy cut out and colored herself!  Plus now they are working on an art unit...studying and talking about various artists.  So cool. Have I said that Addy loves it too? She is so sad on Mondays and Fridays because there is no school. 




So the sad part is she is almost a preschool graduate.  She had Kindergarten Round-Up today at the Elementary school (insert tears here).  School buses, gyms, cubby's, school supplies, playgrounds....oh she can't wait!  (And I haven't told her she isn't riding the bus yet....I just can't send her (or Carson) on the bus.  It's my way of sheltering them just a little bit longer.  All the trouble happens on the bus...am I right??!)  Oh man, she looks so grown up in this picture!



Here is a little video for the Grandmas of one of the songs she sang at "Mom&Me Night".  It was fun to escape at the end of tax season (hooray!) with my little Addy date-night.  She's a performer for sure. 





4 comments:

Dan and Anne 7:36 AM  

There is NO WAY she is old enough to go to kindergarten!!! How did your kids grow up so fast?! I'm sure she is so excited, she's going to do great! (and I'm sure you will start to enjoy the time with just you and Ry... can I just say I would be taking advantage of nap time again!:) )

Judy 11:21 AM  

WOW--what a wonderful video of our beautiful and talented Addy! She is so special. Thanks so much for sharing this with us. What a great time to share Mom and Daughter time.

Tyler 2:31 PM  

Wow addy is so cute! that was a neat video!

Darin and Melinda 12:00 PM  

Addy"s little Shimmie (not sure how to spell that word)was adorable! Even Kai watched her dance...eyes glued to the screen.

Email Me

Blog Archive

Our {business}

Why I {Blog}

My little blog is a family journal. I include things on here I want to remember years and years from now. So when I post a zillion pictures...it is because I want to have it for my posterity. So please forgive the often posted-picture overload.

Currently I am trying to focus on my photography skills...reading, reading, reading, and taking pictures when I can. Then edit, read, read, read some more. I finally feel like I have a basic understanding of exposure...hooray! I updated my blog template so I can display larger photos because...aren't pictures better than anything I have to say anyway?

More about me here.

Looking For Something?

Avoiding {Illiteracy}

  • Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis
  • The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
  • Persuasion by Jane Austen
  • Chocolat by Joanne Harris
  • The Squires Tale by Gerald Morris
  • David Copperfield by Charles Dickens
  • Watership Down by Richard Adams
  • Crossing to Safety by Wallace Stegner
  • The Color of Water by James McBride
  • I Am a Mother by Jane Clayson Johnson
  • Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
  • The Tempest by William Shakespeare
  • The Witch of Blackbird Pond & The Bronze Bow by Elizabeth George Speare
  • Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky
  • Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
  • Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
  • Freakonomics by Steven Levitt & Stephen Dubner
  • Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
  • Undaunted Courage by Stephen E. Ambrose
  • Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes