Sunday, April 04, 2010

{Easter Festivities All Around}

What a great weekend!  Just the 5 of us. We enjoyed the slow pace (for once!) of the weekend with plenty of time to be together at home. 

We dyed our Easter Eggs on Wednesday:







Made Easter sugar cookies on Friday:



Had our own Easter Egg Hunt in the front yard Saturday morning during the 20 minutes the sun was shining the whole weekend.






It was all over for Ry as soon as he figured out there was candy inside the eggs.  We had to confiscate and hide all the candy in the house because we just couldn't keep him out of it!  And, notice his nose....still red!  It isn't a sore anymore but it's just red (like a sunburn almost).  Any ideas anyone? It has been a month.  I think I am going to call a dermatologist this week.




Read the Easter story and made these cookies during the process.  So happy to see my kids really know and understand the true meaning of Easter. We love all the fun Easter stuff, but I am so glad we are grounded  and united as a family in our faith in Jesus Christ. 

Sunday morning the Easter bunny left a trail for each person to their easter baskets:

Another Easter egg hunt (inside this time) and fun with Easter baskets:


Favorite item....zhu zhu pets! Who knew? They are actually pretty cute...and the kids played with them all day!

And new toothbrushes!  Heaven knows we need those after this weekend!

Lots of time watching General Conference too.  The kids enjoyed their activity packets to keep them interested and engaged (most of the time).

And a terrific meal of Honey Baked Ham, twice baked potatoes, frog eye salad, homemade rolls, asparagus, and coconut cake.  It was delish!



I loved being surrounded by our little fam for Easter.  It was one of the most relaxing weekends we have had in a long time! 


7 comments:

manders 11:25 PM  

Looks like you all had a wonderful Easter. You are the cutest mom so much fun things for the kids. Remember when at Christmas time to get a Zhu Zhu pet you had to line up early at the stores, now they are everywhere. Toothbrushes were a hit for us as well. Your kids are so adorable. Happy Easter...

Dan and Anne 5:21 AM  

It looks like the Easter Bunny went all out for you guys! How fun, and the food looks delicious, not that that is all that matters right? :)

Our family 8:02 AM  

The Easter bunny brought zhu zhu pets to my kids too. 24 hours later and they're still being played with. Amazing!

Tyler 8:53 AM  

Tell Trevor I am dissapointed. Trails to the easter baskets! we used to spend forever looking for ours! that was half the fun! BUT looks like you had a great time!

Judy 6:52 PM  

What a fun Easter -- you're the best at making holidays fun. The pics of those cute kids are great--keep them coming!

Darin and Melinda 7:53 PM  

Glad that was a relaxing weekend...I get so nervous when I think about putting together holidays that are as awesome as yours...I need to learn your secrets of making Holidays so great!
Everything looked wonderful! Happy Easter.
P.S. Kai's package came in the mail today. I let him hold it and shake it. He liked that so much, I can't imagine how much he will like the actual present.

Finn Clan 8:21 AM  

How fun! You have such beautiful kids & you & Trevor are such amazing & fun parents. Looks like a wonderful easter.

Email Me

Blog Archive

Our {business}

Why I {Blog}

My little blog is a family journal. I include things on here I want to remember years and years from now. So when I post a zillion pictures...it is because I want to have it for my posterity. So please forgive the often posted-picture overload.

Currently I am trying to focus on my photography skills...reading, reading, reading, and taking pictures when I can. Then edit, read, read, read some more. I finally feel like I have a basic understanding of exposure...hooray! I updated my blog template so I can display larger photos because...aren't pictures better than anything I have to say anyway?

More about me here.

Looking For Something?

Avoiding {Illiteracy}

  • Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis
  • The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
  • Persuasion by Jane Austen
  • Chocolat by Joanne Harris
  • The Squires Tale by Gerald Morris
  • David Copperfield by Charles Dickens
  • Watership Down by Richard Adams
  • Crossing to Safety by Wallace Stegner
  • The Color of Water by James McBride
  • I Am a Mother by Jane Clayson Johnson
  • Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
  • The Tempest by William Shakespeare
  • The Witch of Blackbird Pond & The Bronze Bow by Elizabeth George Speare
  • Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky
  • Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
  • Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
  • Freakonomics by Steven Levitt & Stephen Dubner
  • Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
  • Undaunted Courage by Stephen E. Ambrose
  • Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes