Monday, May 03, 2010

{Ahhh....Weddings}

Weddings are the best, aren't they?  Nothing like watching two young people in love...It rejuvenates your own relationship!  We were thrilled to be at Cath's wedding last weekend.  The Goodwins/Dalleys go way, way back.  We have know this family since my family moved to Vancouver.  They are our bestest friends.  You know the kind of people that are really like family? the kind of people that I can dig through the refrigerator without asking.  The best.

It was such a treat to see their second oldest sealed in the temple.  Temple sealings are awesome!  Such amazing promises and it is always wonderful to be reminded of the simplistic beauty of my own temple marriage.  Being sealed to my parents, siblings, husband and kids for all eternity is the greatest blessing in my life!  And I love teaching this to my kidlets too.  It is so amazing to see them love the temple at such a young age. 

Okay, on to the festivities!


All the Dalley grandkids (minus Graham in Chicago!).  They got a little restless on the temple grounds waiting for the couple to come out, but we did catch one photo of all them together!
Addy loved the Portland temple.  The overcast day made for perfect pictures...and no rain!  You can tell she is a true girly girl because she loved it all...the princess (the bride), the prince (the groom), the flowers, the cake, the temple, the dancing, the food, the dresses, etc.  


Erin & Catherine have been best friends since they were babies! 


Dalley girls with Catherine


The happy couple:  Catherine & Kris 
Don't you just love her birdcage veil??? She was stunning!


Trevor and I had our reception on this exact same deck at the Goodwin home an undisclosed number of years ago.  And don't laugh at how old we have become or how young we looked then! I didn't get any pictures of the two of us mostly because he was chasing Ry around the entire time.  Thanks babe.  You were a huge help while we helped out at the reception.  I love weddings!  It was a fun weekend!


And thank you thank you thank you to Bryce and Beck for hosting the entire Dalley crew. The cousins had a blast together as usual!!

3 comments:

Aim 9:20 PM  

Once again your photos amaze me! Ya know your wedding dress is timeless? It is still in style. I think that was the first time I really noticed the satin ribbon on the bottom of a dress. Loved it! Good post and great pics! XOXO

Carmen 6:32 AM  

What a fun weekend. Congratulations to Catherine!! Fun to see your wedding pic. That deck has been home to all kinds of wonderful celebration. xoxox from Philly

Kris and Cath 7:36 PM  

This is adorable!!! Thank you so much for being there.

We love you guys!

Cath

Email Me

Blog Archive

Our {business}

Why I {Blog}

My little blog is a family journal. I include things on here I want to remember years and years from now. So when I post a zillion pictures...it is because I want to have it for my posterity. So please forgive the often posted-picture overload.

Currently I am trying to focus on my photography skills...reading, reading, reading, and taking pictures when I can. Then edit, read, read, read some more. I finally feel like I have a basic understanding of exposure...hooray! I updated my blog template so I can display larger photos because...aren't pictures better than anything I have to say anyway?

More about me here.

Looking For Something?

Avoiding {Illiteracy}

  • Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis
  • The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
  • Persuasion by Jane Austen
  • Chocolat by Joanne Harris
  • The Squires Tale by Gerald Morris
  • David Copperfield by Charles Dickens
  • Watership Down by Richard Adams
  • Crossing to Safety by Wallace Stegner
  • The Color of Water by James McBride
  • I Am a Mother by Jane Clayson Johnson
  • Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
  • The Tempest by William Shakespeare
  • The Witch of Blackbird Pond & The Bronze Bow by Elizabeth George Speare
  • Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky
  • Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
  • Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
  • Freakonomics by Steven Levitt & Stephen Dubner
  • Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
  • Undaunted Courage by Stephen E. Ambrose
  • Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes