Monday, June 21, 2010

{Baseball Season}

Even though he missed the first two games of the season when we were in Florida and a bunch of the practices fell on cub scout day...Carson was still anxious to play on the school baseball team this year. 

New twist for 2nd grade: Coach Pitch.  No more T-ball.  Yikes.

It was a lot more pressure, but Carson did really well.  He really improved during the short season and really enjoyed playing.  He got a hit on average of about 3 out of 4 times up to bat.  Picture me silently praying each time.."Please let him hit the ball, please let him hit the ball....".  There is so much individual pressure in baseball!  The kids are pretty good sports, but since scores are kept now, it is hard when you strike out.  The coaches were very encouraging and helpful and saying most of the time "Just keep your eye on the ball!"  Carson definitely wasn't a power hitter, but he got some good contact with the ball and had the speed to get to first or second base. 

We are proud that he stuck it out even when he wasn't enjoying it as much during the end of the season. And mom is glad we have about a 2 month break from sports.

Yes, they spelled his name wrong ;-)








2 comments:

Tyler 4:08 PM  

So cool! Glad he is enjoying sports.

bret and family 8:12 PM  

Baseball is so much more fun in the sunshine! This looks like a ton of Fun. Cody sure has enjoyed coaching Parker's team this year.

Email Me

Blog Archive

Our {business}

Why I {Blog}

My little blog is a family journal. I include things on here I want to remember years and years from now. So when I post a zillion pictures...it is because I want to have it for my posterity. So please forgive the often posted-picture overload.

Currently I am trying to focus on my photography skills...reading, reading, reading, and taking pictures when I can. Then edit, read, read, read some more. I finally feel like I have a basic understanding of exposure...hooray! I updated my blog template so I can display larger photos because...aren't pictures better than anything I have to say anyway?

More about me here.

Looking For Something?

Avoiding {Illiteracy}

  • Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis
  • The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
  • Persuasion by Jane Austen
  • Chocolat by Joanne Harris
  • The Squires Tale by Gerald Morris
  • David Copperfield by Charles Dickens
  • Watership Down by Richard Adams
  • Crossing to Safety by Wallace Stegner
  • The Color of Water by James McBride
  • I Am a Mother by Jane Clayson Johnson
  • Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
  • The Tempest by William Shakespeare
  • The Witch of Blackbird Pond & The Bronze Bow by Elizabeth George Speare
  • Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky
  • Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
  • Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
  • Freakonomics by Steven Levitt & Stephen Dubner
  • Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
  • Undaunted Courage by Stephen E. Ambrose
  • Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes