Thursday, June 17, 2010

{June Camping!}

By chance we booked the perfect weekend to camp!  Until last weekend, It felt like it had been pouring rain for 3 weeks.  So a camping trip one or two weeks earlier would have made for yucky and cold conditions.  Instead, sunshine, shorts, and outside fun.

We met up with my sibs...Bryce&Becca fam + Reese&Chris fam.  6 adults & 7 cousins all had a great time.  Reese recommended this campground in Mossyrock, WA.  It is one of the Tacoma Power Park campgrounds.  It was fabulous and just over an hour from our house!  It is tough getting a spot because everyone reserves so early, so we decided to go in June while school was still in session.  We booked a few months ago and were lucky to find two spots next to each other. 


Oh these babies were so much fun!

Paige and Addy in the "friend chair".


Ry pushing/pulling Brynn's bike around for hours!

Ry was oh so cute....but so hard too!  I knew this was going to be the tough summer with a toddler.  He's not quite old enough to understand consequences, which meant lots of "Come back Ry!" and "No Ry!".  So we finally just tied him to a rope.  He didn't like it much, but he stayed in the camp!
But I just can't resist this face no matter what he gets into!  We played for a few hours on the beach. The water was too cold to swim, but the kids had a ball in the sand and playground.




Water balloon fun back at camp.


Ty Ty's 'Camping' Birthday Party! Becca did a great job with all the party activities, complete with a home-made 'moon' pinata!
The birthday boy! 6 years old!


(Cell Phone Pic)



It went by too fast and we all wished we had one more day.  Can't wait to get the trailer out again ... we have scheduled trips in July, August, and September.  Let the summer begin!  (But I need to get through the last day of school...which isn't until next week!!)

4 comments:

Jen I 12:42 PM  

I'm always such a chicken to go camping with little kids, but it sounds like so much fun with family!

And wow, tying your kid to a rope - why haven't I thought of that before?! :)

Reese 1:01 PM  

Gorgeous pics. It was sooo fun!

Becca, Bryce, Ty and Caden 2:46 PM  

Great pics Rochelle! Addy is so animated!! We had a great time - wish we could do it again this summer!

Tyler 5:43 PM  

Looks like a great trip! Can't wait to see you guys soon!

Email Me

Blog Archive

Our {business}

Why I {Blog}

My little blog is a family journal. I include things on here I want to remember years and years from now. So when I post a zillion pictures...it is because I want to have it for my posterity. So please forgive the often posted-picture overload.

Currently I am trying to focus on my photography skills...reading, reading, reading, and taking pictures when I can. Then edit, read, read, read some more. I finally feel like I have a basic understanding of exposure...hooray! I updated my blog template so I can display larger photos because...aren't pictures better than anything I have to say anyway?

More about me here.

Looking For Something?

Avoiding {Illiteracy}

  • Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis
  • The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
  • Persuasion by Jane Austen
  • Chocolat by Joanne Harris
  • The Squires Tale by Gerald Morris
  • David Copperfield by Charles Dickens
  • Watership Down by Richard Adams
  • Crossing to Safety by Wallace Stegner
  • The Color of Water by James McBride
  • I Am a Mother by Jane Clayson Johnson
  • Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
  • The Tempest by William Shakespeare
  • The Witch of Blackbird Pond & The Bronze Bow by Elizabeth George Speare
  • Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky
  • Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
  • Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
  • Freakonomics by Steven Levitt & Stephen Dubner
  • Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
  • Undaunted Courage by Stephen E. Ambrose
  • Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes