Wednesday, June 23, 2010

{Summer Is Finally Here}

I know...most of you have been out of school for days or weeks or a month....but up here in WA, school goes through the end of June!  Luckily we don't start until mid-September. And I guess I wouldn't trade the beautiful September days for the gloomy and depressing June weather we have had (up until 2 days ago...hooray for the sun!).

So Addy graduated from Preschool. She attended for two years and it is hard to see it end! I have a two year break before Ry starts up.




The kids helped pick out their gifts for their teachers this year.  Addy choose this pencil vase (the pencils are held together with a rubber band so they can actually be used!).

She did great at the end-of-year program.
Except for the part when Trev had to pull her off the stage to go to the bathroom and the teacher insisted on stalling the whole program because the next song up was Addy's favorite.  So sweet, but yeah...a little embarrassing! But she is a major singing contributor and did a great job!



Kindergarten here we come.  (um, really??...sniff, sniff)

Thank you Ms. Cindy for an incredible year.  Preschool is my favorite and Ms. Cindy pulls out all the stops to make it such an adventure!  And the projects....oh, the projects....we have a whole box full of keepsakes.  Love 'em.

And Carson finished up 2nd grade!

Ms. Martin was fabulous.  He has really grown this year...doubling his reading rate and really enjoying math and art. Now, if we could just keep his trips to the school nurse down to less than 3x a week next year!

Carson choose the 'Extra' gum gift for Mrs. Martin.


We celebrated the final day of school with a slurpee run!  Let the summer begin!



Ry learned how to 'Say Cheese!'


4 comments:

Finn Clan 12:42 AM  

Yay for summer! Love the pics as always. Especially the last one of Rylan, LOVE his "cheese" face!

Carmen Goetschius 5:39 AM  

They are growing up!!! What darling kiddos you have! So glad summer has finally come to the Pacific Northwest!!!!

Camille and Bryce 7:09 AM  

I can't believe you'll have two in school in the fall! They are so big! I love Ry's CHEESER face!! So pumped to see you guys soon. Less than a month now for sure!

Reese 4:48 PM  

I love the small, medium, large slurpees! Looks like the sun was REALLY waiting until the kids were out of school!

Email Me

Blog Archive

Our {business}

Why I {Blog}

My little blog is a family journal. I include things on here I want to remember years and years from now. So when I post a zillion pictures...it is because I want to have it for my posterity. So please forgive the often posted-picture overload.

Currently I am trying to focus on my photography skills...reading, reading, reading, and taking pictures when I can. Then edit, read, read, read some more. I finally feel like I have a basic understanding of exposure...hooray! I updated my blog template so I can display larger photos because...aren't pictures better than anything I have to say anyway?

More about me here.

Looking For Something?

Avoiding {Illiteracy}

  • Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis
  • The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
  • Persuasion by Jane Austen
  • Chocolat by Joanne Harris
  • The Squires Tale by Gerald Morris
  • David Copperfield by Charles Dickens
  • Watership Down by Richard Adams
  • Crossing to Safety by Wallace Stegner
  • The Color of Water by James McBride
  • I Am a Mother by Jane Clayson Johnson
  • Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
  • The Tempest by William Shakespeare
  • The Witch of Blackbird Pond & The Bronze Bow by Elizabeth George Speare
  • Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky
  • Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
  • Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
  • Freakonomics by Steven Levitt & Stephen Dubner
  • Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
  • Undaunted Courage by Stephen E. Ambrose
  • Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes