Tuesday, August 31, 2010

{Camping ---Alder Lake}

We were sad we couldn't make it to the ward camp-out this year because we already had something on the calendar, so we decided to invite a family from our ward to go camping the weekend before. 

We headed down to Alder Lake...about 45 minutes away.  Perfect, remote, and beautiful.  The weather was fabulous!!  I love camping in the sun!  We actually got plenty of use out of the a/c in the trailer....such a welcome change from the last campout in the cold, wet, and dreary weather. 

We had so much fun with our friends, the Bennetts!  We love these guys!!

Beautiful swimming area and scenery.






Good food.

Tia was the master fire builder!
Carson avoiding the camera.

And first time using a pocket knife on his own. Thanks Braxton!
And Ry fell in love with the Bennett's dog, Roxy.
This is {love}. 

And fun crowns made by the amazingly crafty and creative Tia. Oh if I just had an ounce of her creative brain.

We had a blast and really enjoyed the company! Thanks for coming with us guys!

2 comments:

Finn Clan 2:56 PM  

Looks like tons of fun! I love looking at your family photos. :)

Dan and Anne 10:44 AM  

I'm always so jealous of everything you guys do! And you are an amazing blogger... I can hardly keep up with reading! (I don't even want to compare my own blogging regularity :) ) ps. You look SOOO pretty in the pictures from PV. I just thought you should know! Miss you guys!

Email Me

Blog Archive

Our {business}

Why I {Blog}

My little blog is a family journal. I include things on here I want to remember years and years from now. So when I post a zillion pictures...it is because I want to have it for my posterity. So please forgive the often posted-picture overload.

Currently I am trying to focus on my photography skills...reading, reading, reading, and taking pictures when I can. Then edit, read, read, read some more. I finally feel like I have a basic understanding of exposure...hooray! I updated my blog template so I can display larger photos because...aren't pictures better than anything I have to say anyway?

More about me here.

Looking For Something?

Avoiding {Illiteracy}

  • Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis
  • The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
  • Persuasion by Jane Austen
  • Chocolat by Joanne Harris
  • The Squires Tale by Gerald Morris
  • David Copperfield by Charles Dickens
  • Watership Down by Richard Adams
  • Crossing to Safety by Wallace Stegner
  • The Color of Water by James McBride
  • I Am a Mother by Jane Clayson Johnson
  • Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
  • The Tempest by William Shakespeare
  • The Witch of Blackbird Pond & The Bronze Bow by Elizabeth George Speare
  • Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky
  • Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
  • Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
  • Freakonomics by Steven Levitt & Stephen Dubner
  • Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
  • Undaunted Courage by Stephen E. Ambrose
  • Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes