Sunday, August 08, 2010

{Family Reunion #2}


I have so many pictures of our week long stay in Pine Valley, Utah!  It was wonderful being together with the whole fam damily!

My parents just 'upgraded' from the small, cute cabin they own (and still own...wanna buy it??) to a gorgeous home with bedrooms galore a couple miles away.  I am kicking myself for not getting a shot of the new house, but it is great to be nestled next to the mountains, where you can hear a pin drop, and smell the good ol' great outdoors.  Pine Valley would be great sleeping on the ground in a tent, and we have loved being crammed into the small cabin the last few years...but having multiple bathrooms, a big screen TV, A/C, porch, and deck isn't too bad either . 

So refreshing to be in a small (and I mean teeny, tiny) town where the kids can just roam and explore. Not too many places like that anymore... 

Off on a walk with the kiddos.  The house is in the back ground.


Plenty of room to feed the crew in this kitchen.  
And the guys still lobbied for the best seats on the couch.  This shot makes me laugh.


The kids on the "Big Rock" in the back yard. 

Grandpa's big addition to their Pine Valley gear:....4 wheelers!  This kid-sized one provided hours and hours of entertainment!


Carson thought he was pretty dang cool for being able to drive it by himself (...down the driveway and back...)
And then there is the "T-Rex": trail rider extraordinaire, snow plow, and 'get-around-town' car. 
Think these girls are excited???

The traditional shot of the kids at the chapel.


Lots more to come of our week with the all these crazies.  Love 'em.

1 comments:

manders 9:43 AM  

Family fun time for sure looks like you guys had a great vacation. I love the pics especially the big family one. For sure a chirstmas card it is adorable and so good of everyone.

Email Me

Blog Archive

Our {business}

Why I {Blog}

My little blog is a family journal. I include things on here I want to remember years and years from now. So when I post a zillion pictures...it is because I want to have it for my posterity. So please forgive the often posted-picture overload.

Currently I am trying to focus on my photography skills...reading, reading, reading, and taking pictures when I can. Then edit, read, read, read some more. I finally feel like I have a basic understanding of exposure...hooray! I updated my blog template so I can display larger photos because...aren't pictures better than anything I have to say anyway?

More about me here.

Looking For Something?

Avoiding {Illiteracy}

  • Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis
  • The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
  • Persuasion by Jane Austen
  • Chocolat by Joanne Harris
  • The Squires Tale by Gerald Morris
  • David Copperfield by Charles Dickens
  • Watership Down by Richard Adams
  • Crossing to Safety by Wallace Stegner
  • The Color of Water by James McBride
  • I Am a Mother by Jane Clayson Johnson
  • Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
  • The Tempest by William Shakespeare
  • The Witch of Blackbird Pond & The Bronze Bow by Elizabeth George Speare
  • Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky
  • Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
  • Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
  • Freakonomics by Steven Levitt & Stephen Dubner
  • Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
  • Undaunted Courage by Stephen E. Ambrose
  • Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes