Sunday, August 01, 2010

{SLC Fun}


We began our 10 day trip in Salt Lake City.  When my parents are actually in town (which is really rare!...) they have a beautiful house in Centerville.  The bulk of our trip was in southern Utah at their new cabin, but I was so glad we got to spend a few days in Salt Lake first.  The kids love Grandma's house...the play room, the hot tub, the swing set, and not to mention the main attraction: Grandma's dog Ellie! I always wish we had more time to look up old friends and family, go to Lagoon (one of these days!), spend time in Park City, etc...but we did manage to squeeze in quite a few things before we headed south.

Visiting my Grandpa Dalley.  He'll be 95 next week.


Slip 'n Slide in Grandma's back yard.



Playing on the swings
Ry & Graham (or 'Gam' as Ry has been calling him this week)


Meeting at Cafe Rio (yum, yum, yum!) to see Trevor's sister, Mindy along with Darin and cute as a button Kai.


We had extra time after we had dinner and my fam was at a play, so I took the kids to Temple Square.  We've driven by it dozens of times the last couple summers, but haven't been on the property in a long time!  We took a tour of the Conference Center first. Just me and the three kids, and a sweet Service missionary tour guide...who knew exactly what we needed....the 20 minute kid friendly tour. 

On the roof of the Conference Center looking at the SLC Temple.


And then over to Temple Square.  It was such a gorgeous summer evening.  Oh how I miss Utah summers!

Addy loved the 'princess and prince' in the background. 

The "Christus" in the Visitor's Center.

We also fit in a full day of shopping at all of my favorite Utah home stores....which really helped me figure some things out for my new color scheme in my living room. So excited about that!  And because I dragged the kids around shopping with my mom and sisters, the next day we headed to the Davis Recreation Center.  Love that place!  I left the baby at home with my sister and just took the older two.  Sheesh.  So easy having only two low maintenance kids at the pool.  I took a nap.




After a few days of fun, we piled up in the cars and headed to Southern Utah (up next!)

0 comments:

Email Me

Blog Archive

Our {business}

Why I {Blog}

My little blog is a family journal. I include things on here I want to remember years and years from now. So when I post a zillion pictures...it is because I want to have it for my posterity. So please forgive the often posted-picture overload.

Currently I am trying to focus on my photography skills...reading, reading, reading, and taking pictures when I can. Then edit, read, read, read some more. I finally feel like I have a basic understanding of exposure...hooray! I updated my blog template so I can display larger photos because...aren't pictures better than anything I have to say anyway?

More about me here.

Looking For Something?

Avoiding {Illiteracy}

  • Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis
  • The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
  • Persuasion by Jane Austen
  • Chocolat by Joanne Harris
  • The Squires Tale by Gerald Morris
  • David Copperfield by Charles Dickens
  • Watership Down by Richard Adams
  • Crossing to Safety by Wallace Stegner
  • The Color of Water by James McBride
  • I Am a Mother by Jane Clayson Johnson
  • Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
  • The Tempest by William Shakespeare
  • The Witch of Blackbird Pond & The Bronze Bow by Elizabeth George Speare
  • Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky
  • Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
  • Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
  • Freakonomics by Steven Levitt & Stephen Dubner
  • Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
  • Undaunted Courage by Stephen E. Ambrose
  • Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes