Monday, September 27, 2010

{First Day of School!}

Yes, I am behind!  And finally in somewhat of a routine as we start the 4th week of school.  The fall is Ca-Ray-Zee around here with 3 soccer practices a week, dance, piano, scouts...and oh yeah, this thing called school and homework. Each day seems to fly by! 

We geared up for the school year with a big 'Back to School' dinner. The kids wanted spaghetti and even though I wanted to do something ...er...a tad fancier...it was their dinner after all.  Addy loves it when we get out the fancy glasses and napkins and actually wants to set the table. 


And what says fall more than pumpkin?  So pumpkin chocolate chip cookies for dessert. Yum!

And then it was yogurt parfaits and eggs in the morning.  Carson isn't much of a breakfast eater (like me).  It is a battle each morning to get him to each something/anything. 


Carson's first day was a a couple days before Addy started. 

 He had to have this 'one strap' backpack...and paid for it with his own money!
 Here comes 3rd grade!

Addy had Kindergarten orientation the day before she started class. She was happy to have her very own cubby!

And a chance to try out the Kindergarten-only play ground just outside her classroom.

She couldn't wait for the big day!


Hugs from little brother!  Luckily he takes his afternoon nap while Addy is at school so he hardly notices that she is gone. 
Bye Mom!  So sad to see her go....even if it is only for 2 and a half hours!

Addy's reaction after the first day was: "Mom, they just do baby-ish stuff...like just Preschool stuff, not Kindergarten stuff like Science".  Seriously, just like that.  I guess that is what you get for doing 2 years of Preschool and being almost 6 when you start Kindergarten because she missed the deadline. 
Luckily she has warmed up to it and loves her teacher and classmates (and recess!). 

Can't believe I have two kids in school! 


3 comments:

Hilary 7:45 PM  

LOVE the green shoes, and I love kindergarten. I miss it.

Tyler 5:06 PM  

So Cute! I can't believe how old Addison looks! And carson too. Makes me sad to tink rylan will be there in a few years too. And I love addy's comment! I can just picture her saying it!

Susan 4:02 PM  

I am very impressed with your photography. Great pictures! That's great you can use such an amazing skill on your family to have wonderful pictures to enjoy now and look back on later.

Email Me

Blog Archive

Our {business}

Why I {Blog}

My little blog is a family journal. I include things on here I want to remember years and years from now. So when I post a zillion pictures...it is because I want to have it for my posterity. So please forgive the often posted-picture overload.

Currently I am trying to focus on my photography skills...reading, reading, reading, and taking pictures when I can. Then edit, read, read, read some more. I finally feel like I have a basic understanding of exposure...hooray! I updated my blog template so I can display larger photos because...aren't pictures better than anything I have to say anyway?

More about me here.

Looking For Something?

Avoiding {Illiteracy}

  • Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis
  • The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
  • Persuasion by Jane Austen
  • Chocolat by Joanne Harris
  • The Squires Tale by Gerald Morris
  • David Copperfield by Charles Dickens
  • Watership Down by Richard Adams
  • Crossing to Safety by Wallace Stegner
  • The Color of Water by James McBride
  • I Am a Mother by Jane Clayson Johnson
  • Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
  • The Tempest by William Shakespeare
  • The Witch of Blackbird Pond & The Bronze Bow by Elizabeth George Speare
  • Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky
  • Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
  • Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
  • Freakonomics by Steven Levitt & Stephen Dubner
  • Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
  • Undaunted Courage by Stephen E. Ambrose
  • Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes