Thursday, September 02, 2010

{U of U Soccer Roadtrip}

The closest game my sister has this season was in Pullman, WA.  So, it wasn't even a question.  We headed to the other side of the state to see her play. 5 hours seems like nothing when she is usually playing 14 hours away! Being a collegiate athlete is such a unique opportunity and with this year and next year left, we are trying to support her as much as we can.  Maybe I am still sentimental about Trevor running Cross Country and Track in college at BYU.  It just goes by so fast and is so very cool to see your sister as one of the stars of Div 1 collegiate team!

My parents met us there (they travel to every single game! amazing, huh?) and we all stayed in the same hotel with the team.  We left after work on Friday (missing the Friday afternoon game), but enjoyed the next couple days with Erin and my parents before the second game on Sunday afternoon.

We were in Pullman during the Lentil Festival...I know...talk about a party.  But this was a serious community event!  We happened on front row seats at the parade.  Here is Addy spotting the cheerleaders after the entire WSU football team passed by. 

We headed to the festival after the parade at the local community park.  My kids fell in love with this swing..probably meant for wheel-chair transfers.




And had fun in the 24 hour pool at the hotel.

He is the sweetest.
Then out to dinner with Erin and the fam.  I think we ate at almost every food joint in Pullman during the 2 and a half days we were there.  Gotta love small town life. 

 And I love, love, love this picture of Erin and the kidlets.
Decorating posters for the big game on Sunday.
Before the game.

Showing off our U of U scarfs for the the "Show Your Scarf" contest.  We almost won the weekly contest...coming in second place and getting absolutely zip for it. Bummer.

Gotta have the crazy Ute hair.  And thanks to my Mom and Erin for all the new U of U gear! We had a great cheering section....all 10 Ute fans total.
And on to the game.  And the star forward...my lil' sis: #8.



They lost 0-1 to WSU.  Sad to lose, but we had a great time anyway! Every time I watch Erin play I am amazed at the incredible player that she is.  Seriously, how did I not get an ounce of that talent? Oh well, she makes the fam look good! As a co-captain of the team this year, it is fun to watch as she pumps up the team and communicates with the players on and off the field.  She's a great player and teammate.

After the game hugs from Ry.
Go Utes!

And fall means the return of football season. But, we won't be cheering for the red team in that sport.  Go Cougars on Saturday against UW!!  (Which is also our anniversary and Ry's Birthday...yeah, that's going to be a busy day).

1 comments:

Onjali P. 2:21 PM  

Holy busy summer! Happy b-day to Ry and Anniversary to you guys tomorrow! I haven't figured out where the post office is yet so Ry's present is going to be a littl late.

Email Me

Blog Archive

Our {business}

Why I {Blog}

My little blog is a family journal. I include things on here I want to remember years and years from now. So when I post a zillion pictures...it is because I want to have it for my posterity. So please forgive the often posted-picture overload.

Currently I am trying to focus on my photography skills...reading, reading, reading, and taking pictures when I can. Then edit, read, read, read some more. I finally feel like I have a basic understanding of exposure...hooray! I updated my blog template so I can display larger photos because...aren't pictures better than anything I have to say anyway?

More about me here.

Looking For Something?

Avoiding {Illiteracy}

  • Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis
  • The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
  • Persuasion by Jane Austen
  • Chocolat by Joanne Harris
  • The Squires Tale by Gerald Morris
  • David Copperfield by Charles Dickens
  • Watership Down by Richard Adams
  • Crossing to Safety by Wallace Stegner
  • The Color of Water by James McBride
  • I Am a Mother by Jane Clayson Johnson
  • Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
  • The Tempest by William Shakespeare
  • The Witch of Blackbird Pond & The Bronze Bow by Elizabeth George Speare
  • Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky
  • Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
  • Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
  • Freakonomics by Steven Levitt & Stephen Dubner
  • Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
  • Undaunted Courage by Stephen E. Ambrose
  • Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes