Friday, October 29, 2010

{Addy's 6th Birthday: A Royal Ball}

Because of the craziness of the last few weeks, I opted out of planning a party and just paid someone else to do it! I found this adorable little party palace in downtown Puyallup called "A Simple Wish" and Addy invited 7 of her bestest girl friends to attend a "Royal Ball".  It was all things princess and girly and a great way to celebrate turning 6!!!


The afternoon started off making princess crowns.
 And getting their nails painted.
 Then Addy got an up-'do with glitter and all. And everyone picked out their princess dress, gloves, wands, jewelry, scarves, and headbands...a dress-up heaven!

8 Beautiful Princesses!
 


Then some games while they each posed for pictures.
Story time..
 And then a quick lesson on princess dancing. Each girl got introduced and presented to the crowd (all 3 of us). And had a great time dancing!

 A special Daddy/Daughter dance which Addy has been looking forward to for weeks.  So sweet.

Then a cute little tea party.  Man they had the cutest little dishes and tea sets....my sister and I were so envious!





 A big cupcake for a little girl!


Such a fun afternoon, and all I had to do was take pictures and enjoy it with her!  It really was just the perfect party for little girls.  Over the top girly-ness is the best! And they all had a ball!
Happy Birthday to our little Addy!! We are so glad you add some girly flare and personality to our family! We love you!

7 comments:

Kris and Cath 5:39 PM  

This is adorable! Where was this???

Erica 9:37 PM  

How stinkin' cute!! I love it - I'm almost jealous I wasn't there. What a great memory for her!!!

Happy Birthday Addy!

Tyler 10:02 AM  

Happy Birthday Addison! This reminds me, Addy use to always tell me when I call her my princess, that she is not a princess, she is Addy!

And that Daddy daughter dance was so cute! I am so jealous! Can't wait to see all of you guys over christmas!

Onjali P. 11:20 PM  

What a fun party! I love the idea of hiring some one else to throw the party, It looked like such a cute place.

Jen I 12:44 PM  

Hiring out. Awesome idea. Seriously, just showing up sounds like heaven after some of our birthday disasters - and we haven't even had that many birthday parties yet in our house! Looks so cute!

Finn Clan 10:47 PM  

Wow I doubt much could top that Princess Party, how adorable! She's such a lovely little girl :)

Carmen Goetschius 12:52 PM  

This is the cutest thing I have ever seen. Shell, those freaking photos are awesome. I need to move to Seattle, get a new camera, drag my lap top over to your house and you can teach me how to do these cool things!

Miss you, friend!

Email Me

Blog Archive

Our {business}

Why I {Blog}

My little blog is a family journal. I include things on here I want to remember years and years from now. So when I post a zillion pictures...it is because I want to have it for my posterity. So please forgive the often posted-picture overload.

Currently I am trying to focus on my photography skills...reading, reading, reading, and taking pictures when I can. Then edit, read, read, read some more. I finally feel like I have a basic understanding of exposure...hooray! I updated my blog template so I can display larger photos because...aren't pictures better than anything I have to say anyway?

More about me here.

Looking For Something?

Avoiding {Illiteracy}

  • Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis
  • The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
  • Persuasion by Jane Austen
  • Chocolat by Joanne Harris
  • The Squires Tale by Gerald Morris
  • David Copperfield by Charles Dickens
  • Watership Down by Richard Adams
  • Crossing to Safety by Wallace Stegner
  • The Color of Water by James McBride
  • I Am a Mother by Jane Clayson Johnson
  • Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
  • The Tempest by William Shakespeare
  • The Witch of Blackbird Pond & The Bronze Bow by Elizabeth George Speare
  • Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky
  • Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
  • Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
  • Freakonomics by Steven Levitt & Stephen Dubner
  • Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
  • Undaunted Courage by Stephen E. Ambrose
  • Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes