Tuesday, November 30, 2010

{Soccer, Babies, and Snow}

I am still in blogging catch-up mode. 

Up first...Soccer! 
I have no idea how I survived 4 practices and 2 games a week for 2+ months this fall.  Carson's practice was 30-40 minutes away, and it was a killer.  Being sick and being in the car so much doesn't work so well together.  But we made it...all of us.  The kids did fantastic and really improved over last year.  But man alive, I am glad it is over.




 Carson is jersey #2. 

 Carson with Coach Robb!

And secondly....babies! 
We were blessed with an adorable new niece in Chicago (my sister, Camille) on October 29th, followed by my new nephew in Vancouver, WA (my brother, Bryce) on October 30th.  My sister and sister-in-law were due about a month a part...but were literally in labor at the same time!  Oh the text messages and phone calls on the 29th and 30th were pretty dang exciting!!!

Claire Warning (picture stolen from my sister's blog).  We aren't quite sure when we get to snuggle this cute little one...but we hope it is sometime soon!! Isn't she a doll?


And Jett Robert.  We got to meet him in the hospital on Halloween!  He was just shy of 1 day old and so tiny and precious!! 

We went down to Vancouver again about a week later to spend more time with the little guy and have a pre-thanksgiving dinner with my parents and sister who came to see the new addition too.


 Grandpa with the former 'babies' in the family. 
 Having fun with the cousins.

And finally....SNOW!
We were surprised and delighted by snow the week of Thanksgiving!  The kids had 2 and half 'snow days' and only went to school for a few hours on Monday before the rest of the week was cancelled.  We soaked up the extra at-home time, watched movies, stayed in our pjs, and drank hot chocolate and home-made cider. 



 No hills in our yard, so the kids improvised. 



2 comments:

Tyler 4:19 PM  

Great Post!! The pictures look awesome Rochelle! Caint wait to see you guys

Carmen Goetschius 6:25 PM  

What fun! Love these pics of the babies. Welcome little one's!

Email Me

Blog Archive

Our {business}

Why I {Blog}

My little blog is a family journal. I include things on here I want to remember years and years from now. So when I post a zillion pictures...it is because I want to have it for my posterity. So please forgive the often posted-picture overload.

Currently I am trying to focus on my photography skills...reading, reading, reading, and taking pictures when I can. Then edit, read, read, read some more. I finally feel like I have a basic understanding of exposure...hooray! I updated my blog template so I can display larger photos because...aren't pictures better than anything I have to say anyway?

More about me here.

Looking For Something?

Avoiding {Illiteracy}

  • Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis
  • The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
  • Persuasion by Jane Austen
  • Chocolat by Joanne Harris
  • The Squires Tale by Gerald Morris
  • David Copperfield by Charles Dickens
  • Watership Down by Richard Adams
  • Crossing to Safety by Wallace Stegner
  • The Color of Water by James McBride
  • I Am a Mother by Jane Clayson Johnson
  • Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
  • The Tempest by William Shakespeare
  • The Witch of Blackbird Pond & The Bronze Bow by Elizabeth George Speare
  • Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky
  • Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
  • Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
  • Freakonomics by Steven Levitt & Stephen Dubner
  • Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
  • Undaunted Courage by Stephen E. Ambrose
  • Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes