Tuesday, December 28, 2010

{2 Days Until Christmas: Downtown Seattle}

My sister recommended a couple of things in downtown Seattle that I wanted to check out this year.  We had to pick up Uncle Tyler from the airport on the 23rd, and I planned to pick him up and then head downtown, but his flight was 5 hours delayed. So it meant we had to do the activities downtown before he got here. I ventured into downtown Seattle 2 days before Christmas, armed with my phone set to Google Maps, and extra cash to pay for valet parking!....trying to make it as easy as possible with 3 kids on my own!

We hit the Gingerbread Village at the Sheraton Hotel.  The line took about 40 minutes and Ry was coming unglued.  And I am sure I came across ridiculous to all the fancied up city folk....here I was with 3 kids, one forced to be strapped into the stroller because he was throwing a fit, and the other two playing some variation of tag nearby, and me getting looks like "is she really pregnant?".  I ignored it for the most part. We got to the front of the line. Ry calmed down and fell asleep (and missed the whole thing) and the other two were in awe at the cool gingerbread houses.







Then we walked a few blocks (thank you Google map walking directions!) to the Fairmont hotel to see the Teddy Bear Suite.  It was a hotel room decked out completely Christmasy with teddy bears everywhere...right out of story book.  No line at this one, but I was pushing a stroller through a tight space, so no time for pictures except one.  See the kids peeking in the back? This was a shot of the bathroom.



Both hotels were super fancy. Made you just want to hang in the lobby and people watch.  And downtown was beautiful in the evening...all the trees have lights plus the lights of the stores and downtown theaters and shoppers all bundled up with packages.  It was all very Christmasy!  And then the stores down the street were calling my name (H&M, Nordstrom...).  But I came back to reality that I had 3 kids and wasn't about to take them shopping.  I managed to escape downtown amidst rush hour traffic and make it to the airport on time! Successful day!


0 comments:

Email Me

Blog Archive

Our {business}

Why I {Blog}

My little blog is a family journal. I include things on here I want to remember years and years from now. So when I post a zillion pictures...it is because I want to have it for my posterity. So please forgive the often posted-picture overload.

Currently I am trying to focus on my photography skills...reading, reading, reading, and taking pictures when I can. Then edit, read, read, read some more. I finally feel like I have a basic understanding of exposure...hooray! I updated my blog template so I can display larger photos because...aren't pictures better than anything I have to say anyway?

More about me here.

Looking For Something?

Avoiding {Illiteracy}

  • Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis
  • The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
  • Persuasion by Jane Austen
  • Chocolat by Joanne Harris
  • The Squires Tale by Gerald Morris
  • David Copperfield by Charles Dickens
  • Watership Down by Richard Adams
  • Crossing to Safety by Wallace Stegner
  • The Color of Water by James McBride
  • I Am a Mother by Jane Clayson Johnson
  • Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
  • The Tempest by William Shakespeare
  • The Witch of Blackbird Pond & The Bronze Bow by Elizabeth George Speare
  • Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky
  • Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
  • Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
  • Freakonomics by Steven Levitt & Stephen Dubner
  • Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
  • Undaunted Courage by Stephen E. Ambrose
  • Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes