Sunday, December 19, 2010

{20 Days until Christmas: Cut down the Christmas Tree!}

Same tradition for the last 5 years....Red Barn in Orting.  Gorgeous day this year for the annual tree cutting.  Kids love the train and the caboose.  And my sister and I amazingly arrived 2 minutes apart without even planning it! 

Cutest brothers ever.






Ry and Brynn---best buds!  Can't believe how much bigger they are this year compared to last year!!
How cute is miss Brynn??!
BFF's Addy and Paige
The official Pettingill Family Christmas tree of 2010!
And Paige took this shot of the whole family together!
Ry liked this one (maybe in a few years RyRy!)
All the cousins....pure happiness!
Our superman carrying our tree back to the train.
And every year this happens...but I get 2/3rds of the way up the tree with the lights and run out ---- due to broken strands!!  Had to run to Fred Meyer to buy 6 extra boxes...thinking that was plenty...only to use every last one!  And 3 hours later, 20 strands of lights later....the tree was ready to be decorated.  No photos of the 'process' this year.  Just the finished product.  And I would do it all over in a heart beat. Love the fresh tree and the twinkling lights!

With the Christmas tree ornaments and lights....out comes the boxes and boxes from the garage of Christmas decor.  The kids LOVE when the boxes come out, the advent calendars go up, our elf (Charlie) returns, stockings are hung, garland is everywhere.  Festiveness in every spot!

And my two favorite Christmas decor finds this year (both at Pier1). 
These darling glitter Christmas trees for my centerpiece on my table.


And these giant gold stars. 


And cute picture of Ry who often 'borrows' the baby Jesus from the nativity to have conversations with...so adorable.  He is actually understanding the story now (because the kids insist on acting out the nativity each Sunday for family home evening).  Couldn't be happier about it.  The reason for the season ringing true!

2 comments:

Camille 11:17 PM  

You and Reese didn't plan to be at the farm at the same time? Seriously? That is cool. Love the tree and all the lights! Totally worth it...the decorations look awesome.

SuburbiaMom 4:19 PM  

Beautiful tree, beautiful glitter trees, and beautiful family!

Email Me

Blog Archive

Our {business}

Why I {Blog}

My little blog is a family journal. I include things on here I want to remember years and years from now. So when I post a zillion pictures...it is because I want to have it for my posterity. So please forgive the often posted-picture overload.

Currently I am trying to focus on my photography skills...reading, reading, reading, and taking pictures when I can. Then edit, read, read, read some more. I finally feel like I have a basic understanding of exposure...hooray! I updated my blog template so I can display larger photos because...aren't pictures better than anything I have to say anyway?

More about me here.

Looking For Something?

Avoiding {Illiteracy}

  • Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis
  • The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
  • Persuasion by Jane Austen
  • Chocolat by Joanne Harris
  • The Squires Tale by Gerald Morris
  • David Copperfield by Charles Dickens
  • Watership Down by Richard Adams
  • Crossing to Safety by Wallace Stegner
  • The Color of Water by James McBride
  • I Am a Mother by Jane Clayson Johnson
  • Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
  • The Tempest by William Shakespeare
  • The Witch of Blackbird Pond & The Bronze Bow by Elizabeth George Speare
  • Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky
  • Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
  • Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
  • Freakonomics by Steven Levitt & Stephen Dubner
  • Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
  • Undaunted Courage by Stephen E. Ambrose
  • Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes