Friday, December 10, 2010

{It's a Boy!}

Yep, I finally got one right!!  Cute little baby boy looks good and healthy.  I am so relieved!!! I was much more paranoid and anxious going into this ultrasound than I was with my other three! So glad it is over and everything looks good!

So happy to have a baby brother for RyRy. 
So thrilled for little boy gear.
So amazed to watch that little one who is really there inside!
So grateful for 2 arms, 2 legs...and everything in the right spot!
So blessed to be the momma of another boy.

The kids were pretty good at the hour-long appointment. Carson and Addy were so excited and interested in all the parts...the brain, the heart, the kidneys, the stomach, hands, feet....and the all important news of the gender too.  Addy was a little disappointed and it didn't help that Carson was teasing her about it too (he's so happy the boys continue to control the majority).  But it didn't last long. She is thrilled with the news to have a little baby in the house soon!

Baby boy is right on schedule...measuring exactly on my due date (May 7th).  This little boy is meant for our family.  We couldn't be happier!!!



And here is some real-time video of the sweet boy maybe sucking his thumb??
video

11 comments:

Tim and Lisa 1:57 PM  

We are so happy for you guys!

Andee (+ Kelly) 2:45 PM  

CONGRATS!!

The Mendes Family 3:01 PM  

So exciting! I'm so happy for your family!

Kris and Cath 7:56 PM  

I cannot believe how amazing that video is! Congrats Pettingill fam:)

Love and miss you!

-Cath

Judy Smith 6:02 AM  

We couldn't be more happy for you! Boys bring such a special mix to a family...it's great.

Tyler 12:51 PM  

COngrats! How exciting to have another nephew! Can't wait to see you guys in a few days. Thanks again for he phone calls and texts!

Camille 6:55 PM  

Yay! How perfect! I can't wait to meet the little guy. He looks so sweet! Can;t wait for Claire to have another cousin her age!

Darin and Melinda 1:38 PM  

Congratulations on the little guy!

SuburbiaMom 2:47 PM  

Congrats! Everyone I know, who is pregnant, is having boys--we must be making an army?

We need to get together soon!!!

Kricket 4:43 PM  

Three boys and and girl. We think this is the perfect combination. Let me know what you think too. :-) I hope he is a thumb sucker for you. I am such a huge fan of this. It makes for one happy baby. Congrats and best of luck!

The Spendloves 3:24 PM  

YEAH!! Another potential BYU roommate candidate for my April baby! Congrats!!

Email Me

Blog Archive

Our {business}

Why I {Blog}

My little blog is a family journal. I include things on here I want to remember years and years from now. So when I post a zillion pictures...it is because I want to have it for my posterity. So please forgive the often posted-picture overload.

Currently I am trying to focus on my photography skills...reading, reading, reading, and taking pictures when I can. Then edit, read, read, read some more. I finally feel like I have a basic understanding of exposure...hooray! I updated my blog template so I can display larger photos because...aren't pictures better than anything I have to say anyway?

More about me here.

Looking For Something?

Avoiding {Illiteracy}

  • Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis
  • The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
  • Persuasion by Jane Austen
  • Chocolat by Joanne Harris
  • The Squires Tale by Gerald Morris
  • David Copperfield by Charles Dickens
  • Watership Down by Richard Adams
  • Crossing to Safety by Wallace Stegner
  • The Color of Water by James McBride
  • I Am a Mother by Jane Clayson Johnson
  • Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
  • The Tempest by William Shakespeare
  • The Witch of Blackbird Pond & The Bronze Bow by Elizabeth George Speare
  • Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky
  • Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
  • Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
  • Freakonomics by Steven Levitt & Stephen Dubner
  • Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
  • Undaunted Courage by Stephen E. Ambrose
  • Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes