Friday, January 14, 2011

{2011 is here!}

We rang in the New Year with the Dalleys in Vancouver! The kids were pretty pumped to spend some time with their cousins!!  Becca's sister, Laura, was there too with her sweet baby girl. 

We celebrated an unofficial New Year at about 9:00pm for the kiddos.  We had some poppers and prizes and of course the countdown!  They were pretty pumped! 





 Cheers!

Bryce insisted on travelling to Portland for some yummy take out Italian food. It was delish!  The adults played some PS3, watched football (this seemed to last the entire weekend!), and had fun laughing at You Tube videos and Ryan Seacrest on TV.  We waited out the official New Year, welcomed it with a kiss and fireworks (Bryce's neighbors are seriously hard core!)....all while feeling so blessed to be together as a family, healthy and happy!!

Each year has its challenges, but we were blessed with a truly great 2010 even amid the trials.  The year is what you make of it given your circumstances...and we try to make the most of it because each day is blessing!  Here's to a fantastic 2011!  A lot in store...a new baby, maybe a new house (our current one goes on the market on Monday!), growing the business, family vacations, holidays, birthdays.  We can't wait!

We were so glad to be with my brother and his fam on New Years weekend because it was a special Sunday for their new baby boy, Jett.....his baby blessing! He looked as sweet as can be!  And as a bonus, Laura's daughter was also blessed.  Twin sisters blessing their babies on the same day.  It was really awesome!  Bryce blessed both babies and did a great job.

Family and friends at the church.
 And the cute sisters with their babies!

I took some photos of these sweet little ones ... they are over on my photography blog.  I was having fun with my new camera and these amazing little subjects!

The New Year festivities didn't die down after that.  We headed back home on Sunday and then were re-joined by Tyler and Grandma Judy for a few days before they had flights out of Seattle (to Florida and Hawaii respectively....um...and we stayed in here in sunny Seattle...doesn't seem quite fair!) It was great having them here for a few more days.




And the day before Grandma Judy left, my mom came to stay for a few days after she drove my sister back to Seattle earlier in the week.  We have been really missing the Dalley crew over the holidays...so her visit was just in time.  And as a bonus, she brought her dog, Ellie!!  The kids couldn't have been more excited! 



Major thanks to my mom for helping me with a lot of to-do's...she painted baseboards, helped me decorate the top of my kitchen cabinets, went maternity shopping with me, and stayed up late watching TV and movies with me when I am usually on my own.  We loved having her here!!

2011 ...welcome!


2 comments:

Camille 10:21 PM  

Looks like so much fun. The picture of Laura and Bec and their babes is so cute! 2011 is going to start great due to GIRLS WEEKEND...CAN NOT WAIT!! Can't wait to see you!

Becca, Bryce, Ty and Caden 12:06 PM  

That was a great post Rochelle! So glad you guys were able to come down to join us for New Year's and the baby blessings! See you next week!!

Email Me

Blog Archive

Our {business}

Why I {Blog}

My little blog is a family journal. I include things on here I want to remember years and years from now. So when I post a zillion pictures...it is because I want to have it for my posterity. So please forgive the often posted-picture overload.

Currently I am trying to focus on my photography skills...reading, reading, reading, and taking pictures when I can. Then edit, read, read, read some more. I finally feel like I have a basic understanding of exposure...hooray! I updated my blog template so I can display larger photos because...aren't pictures better than anything I have to say anyway?

More about me here.

Looking For Something?

Avoiding {Illiteracy}

  • Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis
  • The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
  • Persuasion by Jane Austen
  • Chocolat by Joanne Harris
  • The Squires Tale by Gerald Morris
  • David Copperfield by Charles Dickens
  • Watership Down by Richard Adams
  • Crossing to Safety by Wallace Stegner
  • The Color of Water by James McBride
  • I Am a Mother by Jane Clayson Johnson
  • Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
  • The Tempest by William Shakespeare
  • The Witch of Blackbird Pond & The Bronze Bow by Elizabeth George Speare
  • Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky
  • Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
  • Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
  • Freakonomics by Steven Levitt & Stephen Dubner
  • Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
  • Undaunted Courage by Stephen E. Ambrose
  • Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes