Wednesday, February 09, 2011

{Pregnancy Pics}

Do I dare even post these? 

Kind of awkward to post individual shots of myself...

But considering this is the caboose in the Pettingill-baby train, I wanted to document my pregnant self before the baby bump takes over my body.

So I am throwing my shyness concerns out the window. But don't worry...there aren't any bare tummy shots below. I have to draw the line somewhere!

I feel blessed to have been able to carry a baby 4 separate times in the last 10 years.

It truly is a blessing.

And even though things are starting to get uncomfortable and the the 'bump' has definitely grown tremendously even since these shots, I find myself treasuring it. 

The little (and big) kicks, the baby hiccups, the 'shelf' of a tummy to rest my arms or plate on, watching your body change to accommodate this tiny human life, the questions from strangers, the love and concern from family, the excitement of my other children, and the anticipation of this little one joining our family in May!

A 40 week pregnancy feels like an eternity while you are carrying the baby, but then seems like such a snapshot in time looking back. 

And I want to remember it.

I handed over my camera to my sister who has the photography bug like me.  She did a great job! And I just finally got them all edited yesterday.

And what better place than sunny San Diego? These were taken a few weeks ago when I was 25 weeks.




We took some shots of my cute sister too...she is due 5 weeks ahead of me.  So we had to get a shot of the two of us together! We looked like a baby-making family in San Diego ...with 2 newborns and 2 pregos.  But I guess we kind of are right now!!  Lots of babies means lots of cousins!

 

9 comments:

Becca, Bryce, Ty and Caden 6:02 PM  

Those are great pics! You and your sis are what people wish they look like while prego!! Can't wait for him to arrive!!

Andee (+ Kelly) 6:14 PM  

Very cute!! I didn't want to take any either. But you're right, you've got to document! And way to go with the high heels! That was NEVER an option for me!!

Erica 6:45 PM  

They turned out great!! Love them all!! (And did you take prego pics of Reese too???)

Reese 7:40 PM  

Cute cute! My fav is by the green doorway. We are getting closer...

Camille 7:45 PM  

Love how they turned out! You look gorgeous! Can't wait for this little guy to make his entrance!

Jen I 4:18 AM  

You guys are so cute - and tiny! Good idea to take pictures now. I'm at the end realizing I should take pictures - and I'm just past the cute point now. :)

Dan and Anne 5:41 AM  

So cute and small Rochelle! Can't wait to see more prego shots and then shots of this little guy. :)

thehalvs 9:40 PM  

You are so adorable! Not surprising really. Good luck with #4!

The Poe Family 11:06 AM  

You guys are both beautiful pregnant ladies!!!!!!!

Email Me

Blog Archive

Our {business}

Why I {Blog}

My little blog is a family journal. I include things on here I want to remember years and years from now. So when I post a zillion pictures...it is because I want to have it for my posterity. So please forgive the often posted-picture overload.

Currently I am trying to focus on my photography skills...reading, reading, reading, and taking pictures when I can. Then edit, read, read, read some more. I finally feel like I have a basic understanding of exposure...hooray! I updated my blog template so I can display larger photos because...aren't pictures better than anything I have to say anyway?

More about me here.

Looking For Something?

Avoiding {Illiteracy}

  • Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis
  • The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
  • Persuasion by Jane Austen
  • Chocolat by Joanne Harris
  • The Squires Tale by Gerald Morris
  • David Copperfield by Charles Dickens
  • Watership Down by Richard Adams
  • Crossing to Safety by Wallace Stegner
  • The Color of Water by James McBride
  • I Am a Mother by Jane Clayson Johnson
  • Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
  • The Tempest by William Shakespeare
  • The Witch of Blackbird Pond & The Bronze Bow by Elizabeth George Speare
  • Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky
  • Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
  • Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
  • Freakonomics by Steven Levitt & Stephen Dubner
  • Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
  • Undaunted Courage by Stephen E. Ambrose
  • Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes