Wednesday, April 06, 2011

{We are in!}

We are officially in our new house!!  We took a week to move out of the old one and into the new one ... and I am not sure that was the easiest route.  It was tough living in 2 different places for a week.  Food and kitchen in the new house, but clothes and beds in the other house.  It was chaotic, stressful, and messy.  But we survived!!

We had some awesome help on Saturday to do the load up and unload...we felt so blessed by the wonderful friends and family who spent a bulk of their Saturday morning helping us...we can't thank them enough. 

We finished cleaning the old house on Sunday. I was pretty teary leaving the home for the last time. We said a family prayer together in the empty house, and I was pretty sentimental despite the kids whining and anxiousness to leave...I was trying to have a moment...you know??!   At the final moment, it was really hard to walk away! 

Our house the last 7 years:

The buy and sell paperwork was finally 'finalized'!  (i.e. the major money was spent!!).  It is a full time job to buy and sell a house at the same time!!


And one of the hardest part was saying good-bye to these amazing teachers from the kids' school.

Addy & Mrs. Hill
 Carson & Ms. Spiesman

And now that everything is moved in...I can take my time unpacking...but mostly I look around and see this:



Or in other words...TONS of work!!  But at least we can go at our own pace...except for the fact that I have a baby coming in a month...Need to get SOME kind of organization going before then.  And baby: You still can't come early.  Please.

Luckily we have had this sweet new niece to ooh and ahh over this last weekend. Finley is just 6 days old and is sweet as can be! So glad we are close enough to see her, snuggle her, and love on her when she is brand new!! She's a little clone of her sister, Paige!



So I may be off the grid for awhile as we unpack, get the kids started in the new school, rearrange our routine and settle into a new house ...trying to make it feel like home!  We just feel so blessed to be here!!


4 comments:

Hilary 11:48 AM  

Rochelle, I am SO glad that things went alright. Just make tiny goals in the unpacking, and then go watch some TV or read a blog or two.
It will get done. :)

SuburbiaMom 5:01 PM  

You are amazing to move a month before your baby comes--woah!!! Enjoy the new house. We'll have to get together over the summer!

the Holyoaks 10:08 AM  

Congrats on the new house! And the baby! That's all so exciting. Good luck on getting everything unpacked and organized. I can't wait to hear about your new little one in a month.

Carmen 12:16 AM  

We need pics of the outside of your new house!! Cannot wait to see it in person! Be good to yourself as you unpack. You have tons going on right now-- good luck mama!

Email Me

Blog Archive

Our {business}

Why I {Blog}

My little blog is a family journal. I include things on here I want to remember years and years from now. So when I post a zillion pictures...it is because I want to have it for my posterity. So please forgive the often posted-picture overload.

Currently I am trying to focus on my photography skills...reading, reading, reading, and taking pictures when I can. Then edit, read, read, read some more. I finally feel like I have a basic understanding of exposure...hooray! I updated my blog template so I can display larger photos because...aren't pictures better than anything I have to say anyway?

More about me here.

Looking For Something?

Avoiding {Illiteracy}

  • Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis
  • The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
  • Persuasion by Jane Austen
  • Chocolat by Joanne Harris
  • The Squires Tale by Gerald Morris
  • David Copperfield by Charles Dickens
  • Watership Down by Richard Adams
  • Crossing to Safety by Wallace Stegner
  • The Color of Water by James McBride
  • I Am a Mother by Jane Clayson Johnson
  • Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
  • The Tempest by William Shakespeare
  • The Witch of Blackbird Pond & The Bronze Bow by Elizabeth George Speare
  • Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky
  • Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
  • Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
  • Freakonomics by Steven Levitt & Stephen Dubner
  • Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
  • Undaunted Courage by Stephen E. Ambrose
  • Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes