Tuesday, May 31, 2011

{Miles Birth Story: Slide Show}

Remember how it was the best idea ever to hire my friend to take photos of us in the hospital? Well, she did an amazing job and took over 900 pictures!! It took 9 cds to copy all the amazing photos for me. The photo lover in me thinks this is pretty darn awesome!!  You can't really have too many pictures of your baby's first moments in the world, can you? Every moment was captured, and I had fun going through and editing and sorting to pick the best ones for the 'birth story'.


After a few hours of waiting, the actual delivery happened so quickly, and it seemed rushed and a little chaotic. I didn't have time to think or really soak it in because the doctor was rushing in hoping the baby wasn't going to fall out on his own before she got there! But having these photos help slow the time a bit and I can savor and enjoy it again and again. I have been a crying mess as I watch and edit and watch again. I am sure it is the hormones, but it brings me to tears every time I watch this sweet baby come into the world. Such an amazing experience.  What an incredible blessing and miracle it is!
And I am sure I am biased, but he could possibly be the cutest newborn. Ever.


It's 9 minutes (and believe me ... I cut it down!).  Don't judge my sweet video-making skills...this is your basic slide show. Nothing fancy.


And don't worry. Totally G-rated.





I will still re-cap the birth story with photos for my printed blog, but wanted to get the slide show up for family and friends (and so I will stop working on it!) I hope to put all the pictures in an album, but there is something about seeing the pictures with music that makes it that much more special :-)



10 comments:

N. Tipps 9:55 AM  

Here are some things that I thought when I watched this: You look really good before and after birth; Miles had a curly umbilical cord; You and Trevor make beautiful children, it's too bad this is the last; Whenever I have my next baby I want your mom to come take care of me. And I got teary eyed at the end with the picture of all of you. Good job, Rochelle!

Sharon/MOM 10:00 AM  

I cried all the way through. And he is so sweet as are you and Trev and all your incredible children. Couldn't love you any more than I do! Seeing you all again can't come fast enough....
You and Trev do babies WELL! Last??? time will tell... MOM

SuburbiaMom 10:11 AM  

Beautifiul!! I cried too--you have such great ideas and everyone looked radiant--especially you!

Becca, Bryce, Ty and Caden 12:26 PM  

That was great - I enjoyed every minute of it! I started bawling when the kids came into the room until the end!

Marissa 2:27 PM  

Beautiful pictures! I got a little teary eyed with those pictures of Carson holding Miles. So cute! Great job!

Erica 2:59 PM  

Yup I cried too! Such a cute slideshow and great to see the hospital visit in its entirety. He is ADORABLE and I love all the close up shots. I can't wait to meet this little guy in a few months.

Awesome, awesome showcase! Thank you for sharing Shell!!

Kricket 4:54 PM  

I loved it!

Jen I 9:27 AM  

Shoot, I cried too. Life seems so much more glamorous with highlights put to music. Makes me think I should do the same...if there is a next time. He is so sweet.

Tyler 10:17 PM  

Amazing! So glad you made that!

Grammie's World 8:11 PM  

This is beautiful!
Peggy Butler

Email Me

Blog Archive

Our {business}

Why I {Blog}

My little blog is a family journal. I include things on here I want to remember years and years from now. So when I post a zillion pictures...it is because I want to have it for my posterity. So please forgive the often posted-picture overload.

Currently I am trying to focus on my photography skills...reading, reading, reading, and taking pictures when I can. Then edit, read, read, read some more. I finally feel like I have a basic understanding of exposure...hooray! I updated my blog template so I can display larger photos because...aren't pictures better than anything I have to say anyway?

More about me here.

Looking For Something?

Avoiding {Illiteracy}

  • Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis
  • The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
  • Persuasion by Jane Austen
  • Chocolat by Joanne Harris
  • The Squires Tale by Gerald Morris
  • David Copperfield by Charles Dickens
  • Watership Down by Richard Adams
  • Crossing to Safety by Wallace Stegner
  • The Color of Water by James McBride
  • I Am a Mother by Jane Clayson Johnson
  • Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
  • The Tempest by William Shakespeare
  • The Witch of Blackbird Pond & The Bronze Bow by Elizabeth George Speare
  • Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky
  • Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
  • Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
  • Freakonomics by Steven Levitt & Stephen Dubner
  • Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
  • Undaunted Courage by Stephen E. Ambrose
  • Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes