Tuesday, July 05, 2011

{Mossyrock Camp}

Camping trip #2 of the summer took us to Mossyrock, WA.  Another close-by campground with great amenities.  We were solo this trip and the pace was slow and relaxed.  We had a relaxing time just being together as a family.  Miles and Ry are so unpredictable, so it is nice to be flexible and just go with the flow in whatever their behavior brings. 

The loop we were in was in the middle of a grassy area.  Not great for that 'great outdoors' feel but perfect for playing.  There was a playground just one site over, so we could see the kids from the trailer and it was much easier keeping track of everyone. 



Tons of room for bocci ball.

My boys doing the dishes.

We played down at the 'beach' for a few hours.  Not a huge fan of this beach (aka mud pit)...but the kids thought it was great!


Trying to keep the baby out of the sun.  And the rest of us so happy to actually BE in the sun. Fantastic camping weather again!

Gorgeous surroundings.

Carson learned how to throw a pretty good spiral!  Many years of playing catch ahead for these two.

I have taught my kids well on mastering the perfect smore. (Don't worry, no one got burned!)

Not pictured was Trev, Addy, and Carson on their fishing outing.  They "almost" caught 2 fish.  Late night movies with all 6 of us cuddled up on our bed in the trailer. And me finishing up Rylan's (yes, Ry's) baby book. I am determined to get his up to date before starting Miles' book.

We left around 11 on Sunday and had the trailer unloaded and parked in storage by 3pm.  With enough time to enjoy dinner on the deck on Sunday evening.  Ah, summer. We love you. 




3 comments:

Becca, Bryce, Ty and Caden 9:56 PM  

Makes me want to go camping - hopefully we will with you guys next month! The boys are really missing their cousins!

Tyler 8:20 AM  

Looks like lots of fun!

Reese 11:21 PM  

Your camping posts are giving me the bug! I wanna go, I wanna go, I wanna go! So fun. Love those "alone" family times.

Email Me

Blog Archive

Our {business}

Why I {Blog}

My little blog is a family journal. I include things on here I want to remember years and years from now. So when I post a zillion pictures...it is because I want to have it for my posterity. So please forgive the often posted-picture overload.

Currently I am trying to focus on my photography skills...reading, reading, reading, and taking pictures when I can. Then edit, read, read, read some more. I finally feel like I have a basic understanding of exposure...hooray! I updated my blog template so I can display larger photos because...aren't pictures better than anything I have to say anyway?

More about me here.

Looking For Something?

Avoiding {Illiteracy}

  • Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis
  • The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
  • Persuasion by Jane Austen
  • Chocolat by Joanne Harris
  • The Squires Tale by Gerald Morris
  • David Copperfield by Charles Dickens
  • Watership Down by Richard Adams
  • Crossing to Safety by Wallace Stegner
  • The Color of Water by James McBride
  • I Am a Mother by Jane Clayson Johnson
  • Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
  • The Tempest by William Shakespeare
  • The Witch of Blackbird Pond & The Bronze Bow by Elizabeth George Speare
  • Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky
  • Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
  • Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
  • Freakonomics by Steven Levitt & Stephen Dubner
  • Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
  • Undaunted Courage by Stephen E. Ambrose
  • Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes