Thursday, July 28, 2011

{Summer Vacation}

I am still decompressing after 16 days of vacation.   We soaked up every minute with family and friends.  Why sleep when you are on vacation to play??!  And now we are all exhausted!  I desperately needed the naps I took the last 2 days during our afternoon quiet time.

And then there is the long list of post-vacation items to catch-up on. So far I have tackled the mail, my desk, bills, the grocery store, and my flower pots.  I am still working my way through laundry, housework, and one more suitcase to unpack.  Carson is gone all day for cub-scout camp, so it is relatively quiet around here.  It's been nice to ease back into real life.  Still can't believe that school starts in a little over a month. 

I don't even know how to sort through the zillions of pictures I took.  I am breaking it up into some smaller sections...

I love Utah summers. I miss them. Desperately.  Seattle, your mild temperatures just don't make up for warm summer nights and hot summer afternoons.  I was glad we spent 2 weeks there so my kids could actually swim or play outside in the sun more than 2 days in a row. 

We had to take in the Davis County pool one day.  We lounged all afternoon in the sun.


 Good thing we completed swim lessons the week before. The kids have turned into fish in the water! 
 Carson is so great with Rylan.  He was big enough this year to take him around the small lazy river...(saving me from the chaos of kids in there).   It is hard to be sans Dad sometimes (he joined us a week later), and Carson really helps out with the little boys.  But I still I had to take Addy and Ry down the big slide because they weren't tall enough.  Go me.  I did it 6 times.


We brought in In-N-Out for lunch.  Yum!  No kids meals there...and Ry loved his big burger!
 Love Miles in his cute swimsuit! This little guy was in the shade the entire time we were at the pool (about 5 hours).  I mean every second.  I was shocked when we got home and his little nose and cheeks were sunburned. Hello?  Worst. Mom. Ever.  I didn't put sunscreen on him because he literally was not in the sun. at. all.  Must have been the reflection off the water or something. He wasn't burned anywhere else and it faded after 2 days. Poor guy though.  I had him lubed up with 50 SPF anytime we were out after that!



2 comments:

Carmen Goetschius 7:26 PM  

Warm summers are the best! The weather in the Pacific NW can really be such a drag!!!!!!!! One of the things I keep thinking about -- "Do I really want to live here!?!"

Glad you had such a fantastic vacation. Let's get together in August! Going camping on Orcas Island next weekend. Maybe mid-Aug?

You are awesome, my friend! Hope you get some more good rest!

bret and family 9:40 PM  

this post made me hungry... great job on the pics as always. good luck with trevor's surgery.

Email Me

Blog Archive

Our {business}

Why I {Blog}

My little blog is a family journal. I include things on here I want to remember years and years from now. So when I post a zillion pictures...it is because I want to have it for my posterity. So please forgive the often posted-picture overload.

Currently I am trying to focus on my photography skills...reading, reading, reading, and taking pictures when I can. Then edit, read, read, read some more. I finally feel like I have a basic understanding of exposure...hooray! I updated my blog template so I can display larger photos because...aren't pictures better than anything I have to say anyway?

More about me here.

Looking For Something?

Avoiding {Illiteracy}

  • Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis
  • The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
  • Persuasion by Jane Austen
  • Chocolat by Joanne Harris
  • The Squires Tale by Gerald Morris
  • David Copperfield by Charles Dickens
  • Watership Down by Richard Adams
  • Crossing to Safety by Wallace Stegner
  • The Color of Water by James McBride
  • I Am a Mother by Jane Clayson Johnson
  • Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
  • The Tempest by William Shakespeare
  • The Witch of Blackbird Pond & The Bronze Bow by Elizabeth George Speare
  • Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky
  • Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
  • Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
  • Freakonomics by Steven Levitt & Stephen Dubner
  • Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
  • Undaunted Courage by Stephen E. Ambrose
  • Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes