Thursday, August 18, 2011

{Pine Valley Wrap-Up}

Since my mom and sisters are the only readers of my blog, I won't feel badly about having one more post from our time in Southern Utah.  I *only* took 1500 pictures during those 2 weeks.  And then my sisters and I share pics (via dropbox...have you tried that yet? It's an awesome way to share files) which adds even more to the collection. But, I love it. 

So here are a few final activities from our vacay.   

Uncle Bryce helped the kids fly a kite during a windy afternoon. 


My Dad, Chris, and Trevor braved the boat with 5 kids to go fishing one morning.  Carson caught the only fish. He was pretty excited!  Thanks to the guys for taking these cell phone pictures. 




And , one of the highlights of our time in Pine Valley was attending the Enterprise Rodeo! I really wanted to do this as I haven't taken my kids to a rodeo since Carson was a baby.  AND, my former roommate, Melinda, from BYU (who lives in Enterprise) met me there AND her two boys and husband were competing!  Seriously, how many of you KNOW actual rodeo competitors...you know, the cattle ropers and such?  They did great!


Here is Melinda's husband, Bret and her son.  Oh. My. Word.  Can I just bottle up this kid and steal him?  His hat, buckle, boots, and smile made me want to sell all I own and move to rural Utah so I can dress my boys like that and have them compete in a rodeo. He is the cutest darn cowboy I have ever seen. 


So glad Bryce & Camille and my Mom and Dad joined us too.  My dad loves a reason to wear his cowboy hat and boots! And he's also started wearing Wranglers.  My mom just shakes her head, but we think dad is a cowboy at heart.  And Claire seems pretty darn excited about it too!   



And where else can kids from the audience participate in the chicken chase?  Carson was brave enough to run around with the rodeo regulars to chase chickens in the arena.  The downside: if you catch a chicken, you keep it.  What??!?  A real, live chicken.  I was in a different world for a minute.  Thankfully Carson was no where near as brave as some of those kids who caught those chickens and hung on for dear life as the chickens went berserk flapping there wings.  We saw the cutest little girl (maybe 6) hugging one so tight.  It was extremely entertaining for us city folk.


And then Melinda invited my kids to come ride their horses out in the parking lot before we left.  This little girl was pretty excited. It's not every day you get to ride a horse. 

And here is Melinda (holding Ry so he doesn't spook a horse) and 2 of her cute kids.  See what I mean about her son? Cutest little cowboy ever.  But don't let her 4 year old daughter fool you.  She got to ride around the arena on her OWN horse at the start of the rodeo and will start barrel racing next year.  So adorable.

It was such a treat to see Melinda and her sweet family even though it was so short!  Thanks for making it such a fun night!!

And one final gem, caught on video by my sister.  This is Ry saying "Pine Valley".  He doesn't have a problem saying P's or V's..., but apparently this is how he hears it.  We laughed about it all week (and are laughing still). 


4 comments:

the Holyoaks 1:56 PM  

I love it! That's so great you got to see Melinda! I didn't know they settled down there and it's so fun to see pictures of her and her cute family. We need to have a Fugal reunion. I love all the pictures of all the fun you guys have been having.

Our family 5:16 AM  

Oh, I'm so glad you posted pics of Melinda! Good to know she's still alive and all.

Carmen Goetschius 12:24 PM  

So freaking fun!!!!!!!! And delightful to see Melinda! She looks beautiful!!!!!!!!! I love a good rodeo. Fun, fun, fun summer!

bret and family 8:46 PM  

Great pics, as always. It was so good to see you guys. The blessing Trevor gave was so well done and special.

Email Me

Blog Archive

Our {business}

Why I {Blog}

My little blog is a family journal. I include things on here I want to remember years and years from now. So when I post a zillion pictures...it is because I want to have it for my posterity. So please forgive the often posted-picture overload.

Currently I am trying to focus on my photography skills...reading, reading, reading, and taking pictures when I can. Then edit, read, read, read some more. I finally feel like I have a basic understanding of exposure...hooray! I updated my blog template so I can display larger photos because...aren't pictures better than anything I have to say anyway?

More about me here.

Looking For Something?

Avoiding {Illiteracy}

  • Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis
  • The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
  • Persuasion by Jane Austen
  • Chocolat by Joanne Harris
  • The Squires Tale by Gerald Morris
  • David Copperfield by Charles Dickens
  • Watership Down by Richard Adams
  • Crossing to Safety by Wallace Stegner
  • The Color of Water by James McBride
  • I Am a Mother by Jane Clayson Johnson
  • Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
  • The Tempest by William Shakespeare
  • The Witch of Blackbird Pond & The Bronze Bow by Elizabeth George Speare
  • Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky
  • Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
  • Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
  • Freakonomics by Steven Levitt & Stephen Dubner
  • Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
  • Undaunted Courage by Stephen E. Ambrose
  • Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes