Tuesday, August 02, 2011

{SLC Goings}

The kids and I had Grandma to ourselves for a whole week!  I am pretty sure we wore her out the first week during her 3 weeks of grandma-duty, but we sure had fun.  She swapped cars with my dad so we could all fit in one car...I have a big family now!  Thanks Dad!


We crammed in our favorite eating spots: Cafe Rio, Zuppas, In-N-Out, & Granny Annie's.  I had to stop by Taipan for my annual home decor purchases.  I boxed up a bunch of stuff for the new house, and most of it actually made it back here safe and sound. One item broke on the flight home (it was wrapped in a box, but there is no such thing as 'safe handling' at the airport). Darn.

We also spent a couple days with my sister, Erin. Her new apartment near the Uof U is awesome (way nicer than any apartment I had during college, and come to mention it, nicer than our first home too!...it's sweet!).  The kids can't get enough of Aunt Erin. She was a good sport to hang out with us so much.


We had to go get some Ute gear for the upcoming fall soccer season, so we spent some time at the bookstore, and then drove to the top of campus to get a shot with the 'U'.


And not to leave out the 'other' university, we headed to Provo, got BYU and Jimmer shirts, and had ice cream from the BYU creamery.
We like to claim both Universities. After all Trevor got his master's at the Uof U.  But we both graduated from BYU, and I have a sweet spot for my alma matter.  I sure love BYU campus.  Still can't believe I got to go there and actually came out a graduate with 2 degrees.  Some of the greatest times ever!!  And a little brainwashing for my kids doesn't hurt, right?


 I met up one afternoon with two friends from BYU.  Brooke and Jen both have sets of identical twin boys!  (Only a few weeks apart in age, crazy!).  And now we each have a baby boy within a few weeks of each other.  Future missionary companions and BYU roommates below.
 Jen left little Diesel with her mom.  So fun to see these girls!! 

Thanks to my dad we had tickets to a special showing of Harry Potter 7.2.  The kids loved the glasses, glow sticks, and wands that they passed out.  The movie was fantastic!!



Grandma bonded with this little boy and bathed him almost every day!

And of course, great fun at Grandma's house.  Slip N Slide, Hot Tub, Swing Set, Movies, and Toys galore! It is always fun at Grandma and Grandpa's house!


After a fun week, we loaded up the truck and car with enough food and snacks to feed an army and headed to Pine Valley, UT!


1 comments:

Jen I 9:50 PM  

Ha, such a picturesque bunch. So fun to see you! I'm already sad to leave the bliss of Utah summers in a week!

Email Me

Blog Archive

Our {business}

Why I {Blog}

My little blog is a family journal. I include things on here I want to remember years and years from now. So when I post a zillion pictures...it is because I want to have it for my posterity. So please forgive the often posted-picture overload.

Currently I am trying to focus on my photography skills...reading, reading, reading, and taking pictures when I can. Then edit, read, read, read some more. I finally feel like I have a basic understanding of exposure...hooray! I updated my blog template so I can display larger photos because...aren't pictures better than anything I have to say anyway?

More about me here.

Looking For Something?

Avoiding {Illiteracy}

  • Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis
  • The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
  • Persuasion by Jane Austen
  • Chocolat by Joanne Harris
  • The Squires Tale by Gerald Morris
  • David Copperfield by Charles Dickens
  • Watership Down by Richard Adams
  • Crossing to Safety by Wallace Stegner
  • The Color of Water by James McBride
  • I Am a Mother by Jane Clayson Johnson
  • Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
  • The Tempest by William Shakespeare
  • The Witch of Blackbird Pond & The Bronze Bow by Elizabeth George Speare
  • Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky
  • Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
  • Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
  • Freakonomics by Steven Levitt & Stephen Dubner
  • Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
  • Undaunted Courage by Stephen E. Ambrose
  • Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes