Wednesday, August 03, 2011

{Woot! Pine Valley}

We look forward to it ever year!  All my siblings and their kids under one roof at my parent's beautiful home in Pine Valley, UT! The chaos of the cousins, the late nights, and the slow pace of a rural town...it's the best! The kids can't wait to get down there! 

We arrived at the same time as my sister and the rest of the crew trickled in the next few days. 

My parents are awesome hosts!  And so good to put up with our rowdy crew!

We had a big extended reunion with my mom's family the latter half of the week, so the first part of the week we just stayed put and enjoyed being at the house.

Grandpa took the older kids on a hike.  They seriously hiked to the top of the mountain.  He was  sure brave because I'm sure there was some whining along the way.  But the kids were so excited to pack a lunch and drinks and venture out into the wilderness. They took the walkie talkies and were so excited to call us from the top!  Thanks Dad. They loved it! (This picture is just feet from the backyard deck.  Beautiful scenery all around and not a neighbor, road, or building in sight.  They have an amazing property we all love!  We love the quietness of a rural town and the luxury of leaving the city life behind for a few days (but Dad still hooks us up with the modern amenities of AC, high speed Internet, Cable and DVR, and his own cell phone antenna. I mean, it has to be livable right? :-))

The littler kids chilled on the deck.

Everyone loved Grandma and Grandpa's new swing set (no picture...darn!) and this cool airplane on the deck. 

Plenty of ATV rides.

Lots of babies around!  Missing Claire in this picture, she came the next day. 

Love this picture of Jett and Bryce. He sure can make this kid giggle!

Future trouble-making cousins. 

My grandparents just got an adorable black puppy.  It is amazing it actually survived this week with all the torturing kids around.  Addy sure loved her!

Aunt Reese is an expert at painting nails!  Ry wanted his painted SO bad...it was the cutest thing. He just kept saying "Please Reese", "Please Reese".  So she caved and painted his pinkie nail and toenails.  Dad didn't mind too much :-)

The kids had some crafts and coloring to keep them busy.

Aunt Camille trying to play a game with the parachute. She was semi-successful.

The kids on Grandma Snow's porch after a pancake breakfast.  Yum! 

It was a relaxing few days before the big reunion started! 

2 comments:

Reese 12:55 PM  

Some great shots!!!!! I miss that place already!

Karen 8:58 PM  

Rochelle!!! I'm so sorry that we missed each other when you were here... It's been a whirlwind and we were all over the place. I didn't get to see Brooke either, but got together in St. George with Melind and her kids. She said that you guys got to go to the Enterprise Rodeo--I was jealous!!! One of these days we will do a Fugal Reunion, maybe a 20-year one in 2016???

So sorry again that we missed each other... Love, karen

Email Me

Blog Archive

Our {business}

Why I {Blog}

My little blog is a family journal. I include things on here I want to remember years and years from now. So when I post a zillion pictures...it is because I want to have it for my posterity. So please forgive the often posted-picture overload.

Currently I am trying to focus on my photography skills...reading, reading, reading, and taking pictures when I can. Then edit, read, read, read some more. I finally feel like I have a basic understanding of exposure...hooray! I updated my blog template so I can display larger photos because...aren't pictures better than anything I have to say anyway?

More about me here.

Looking For Something?

Avoiding {Illiteracy}

  • Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis
  • The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
  • Persuasion by Jane Austen
  • Chocolat by Joanne Harris
  • The Squires Tale by Gerald Morris
  • David Copperfield by Charles Dickens
  • Watership Down by Richard Adams
  • Crossing to Safety by Wallace Stegner
  • The Color of Water by James McBride
  • I Am a Mother by Jane Clayson Johnson
  • Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
  • The Tempest by William Shakespeare
  • The Witch of Blackbird Pond & The Bronze Bow by Elizabeth George Speare
  • Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky
  • Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
  • Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
  • Freakonomics by Steven Levitt & Stephen Dubner
  • Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
  • Undaunted Courage by Stephen E. Ambrose
  • Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes