Thursday, September 01, 2011

{Last Summer Hurrah}

Last weekend we snuck away for one more camping weekend with my sister and her family.  We decided to make it as easy as possible after a summer of chaos.  I think I only spent 50% of the actual summer sleeping in my own bed.  It just seemed to fly by with everything going on. But, we wouldn't have summer any other way.  We love the packed-in schedule and time to vacation. 

So we headed to Dash Point State Park which is literally right outside of Seattle.  Just a skip from my sister's house and about 45 minutes for us.  It was perfect because neither one of us wanted to travel, and we still managed to get our camping fix.  The campground wasn't the greatest.  But we made it work and these ones didn't notice.  My kids adore cousins, Paige and Brynn.  They all had so much fun!


They spent Saturday morning filling most of the roadway with sidewalk art.

 Uncle Chris and his attempt to start a fire with a magnifying glass.  It actually worked and Carson (the eager cub scout and pyromaniac) was attempting it himself the rest of the weekend.

Brynn and Paige watching a movie and dancing in the trailer.

Miles and Finley both smiling at the same time! 

Trev stuck in our set of youth golf clubs that have been collecting dust for 5 years since he bought them at a garage sale.   Here is Addy in a fairly decent golfing stance. 

Saturday afternoon we headed to the beach area.  Again, not your lay-in-the-sand kind of beach, but the kids had fun.  Especially Ry who really was taken with Uncle Chris (which sounded like "Apple Crisp" every time he said his name).  He was good to play with Ry in the water because Trev's new surgery incisions wouldn't fair so well in the salt water.
(Did I ever mention he had surgery on his meniscus the week prior??)


 And I never get to take pictures in ideal lighting. Let's face it...the photo-ops just always seem to happen when the sun is directly overhead or late at night.  There is no planning the best photography light into a family schedule.  But since we hit the beach area so late in the afternoon, the light was golden the last 30 minutes before we headed back for dinner.  Loved it.  Love these next few shots of the kids on the beach.

Ry & Brynn
 







And just to document that Reese and I were there too.

Thanks Reese and Chris for great company, good food, and a fantastic end to the summer.  The trailer is already winterized and in storage.  It's been a great summer, but I think I am ready for a routine. Things are a little out of whack around here. And by out of whack, I mean attitudes and housework.  Time to catch up and reel in the behavior!!  Oh, and potty train that almost 3 year old. 


0 comments:

Email Me

Blog Archive

Our {business}

Why I {Blog}

My little blog is a family journal. I include things on here I want to remember years and years from now. So when I post a zillion pictures...it is because I want to have it for my posterity. So please forgive the often posted-picture overload.

Currently I am trying to focus on my photography skills...reading, reading, reading, and taking pictures when I can. Then edit, read, read, read some more. I finally feel like I have a basic understanding of exposure...hooray! I updated my blog template so I can display larger photos because...aren't pictures better than anything I have to say anyway?

More about me here.

Looking For Something?

Avoiding {Illiteracy}

  • Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis
  • The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
  • Persuasion by Jane Austen
  • Chocolat by Joanne Harris
  • The Squires Tale by Gerald Morris
  • David Copperfield by Charles Dickens
  • Watership Down by Richard Adams
  • Crossing to Safety by Wallace Stegner
  • The Color of Water by James McBride
  • I Am a Mother by Jane Clayson Johnson
  • Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
  • The Tempest by William Shakespeare
  • The Witch of Blackbird Pond & The Bronze Bow by Elizabeth George Speare
  • Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky
  • Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
  • Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
  • Freakonomics by Steven Levitt & Stephen Dubner
  • Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
  • Undaunted Courage by Stephen E. Ambrose
  • Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes