Wednesday, October 26, 2011

{Pumpkin Patch Outing 2011}

It wouldn't be fall without a trip to the pumpkin patch.  I think this is 7 years in a row we have gone to Spooner Farms down in Orting.  I love a good tradition.  But, I seriously cannot believe it has been an entire year since last time.  A move + a baby has made time just fly by this past year. 

The kids were over the moon when we decided on a whim to head out on a Friday after school the second week of October. Usually we are trying to cram it in the week before Halloween...along with Addy's birthday, school harvest parties....so I really wanted to go earlier and also on a week day to avoid the massive Saturday crowds. It worked out perfectly. Warm-ish weather, happy kids, no crowds. 

I usually carry the baby, but I passed off the job to Trev so I could take pictures.  Next year he'll have to balance Miles in the wheel barrow too.

Duck races are always a hit.



The light was fading fast since it was late afternoon, so we got these shots just after arriving and then I tried to ease up on all the photos the rest of the time. 
Love the fall colors...it makes for such pretty pictures.  Not to mention cute kids. 

This was the 'Flynn Rider smolder' look I got upon request. Man, he's a cute kid.

And this girlie will always pose for the camera. Those dimples!

How can you not love this face?....even if it was the only 2 seconds he held still for a shot the entire evening.  He is my relentless picture avoider.

Such a sweet smile from the littlest one.




Trev is a master at the corn maze, as usual.






Trevor told Carson he could pick out any pumpkin that he could lift into the wheelbarrow. 


He was done with his boots after an hour, hence the bare feet. 



I was disappointed that I didn't pass off the camera to get in one single shot!  I am usually pretty good about getting in front of the camera to document my presence no matter how much baby spit-up I have on my clothes. But it just didn't happen this time. 

We left with 100 pounds of pumpkins, caramel corn, and caramel apples.  Delish all around. 

The pumpkins are still on my porch waiting to be carved. I guess that will need to be crammed in right before Halloween.  Always plenty going on this time of year.  ...Enough to make me happily stressed!


6 comments:

manders 9:02 AM  

seriously your kids are beautiful and looks like a great day.

Tyler 10:12 AM  

Great post Rochelle! The kids look amazing, but you really do need to remember to get in some of the pictures!

SuburbiaMom 8:49 PM  

What fun--and what a great looking bunch of kids!

Onjali P. 8:38 PM  

I pretty much feel like I have too that pumpkin patch from looking at your pics every year! it looks like a good one. it makes me sad that we haven't made it to a pumpkin patch this year. love all your pics!

Onjali P. 8:40 PM  

ok, correction. I meant, I pretty much feel like I have been to that pumkin patch.

Carmen Goetschius 11:54 PM  

Fun Shell!!!!!!!

Email Me

Blog Archive

Our {business}

Why I {Blog}

My little blog is a family journal. I include things on here I want to remember years and years from now. So when I post a zillion pictures...it is because I want to have it for my posterity. So please forgive the often posted-picture overload.

Currently I am trying to focus on my photography skills...reading, reading, reading, and taking pictures when I can. Then edit, read, read, read some more. I finally feel like I have a basic understanding of exposure...hooray! I updated my blog template so I can display larger photos because...aren't pictures better than anything I have to say anyway?

More about me here.

Looking For Something?

Avoiding {Illiteracy}

  • Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis
  • The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
  • Persuasion by Jane Austen
  • Chocolat by Joanne Harris
  • The Squires Tale by Gerald Morris
  • David Copperfield by Charles Dickens
  • Watership Down by Richard Adams
  • Crossing to Safety by Wallace Stegner
  • The Color of Water by James McBride
  • I Am a Mother by Jane Clayson Johnson
  • Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
  • The Tempest by William Shakespeare
  • The Witch of Blackbird Pond & The Bronze Bow by Elizabeth George Speare
  • Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky
  • Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
  • Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
  • Freakonomics by Steven Levitt & Stephen Dubner
  • Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
  • Undaunted Courage by Stephen E. Ambrose
  • Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes