Saturday, October 22, 2011

{Soccer Trip #3: UW}

The final game on our trifecta of trips to see Erin play was close to home at the University of Washington.  After a whirlwind trip to Pullman, we had a one day break for my own kids to play two soccer games on Saturday, and then on Sunday we headed up with the fam to UW campus.  It was pouring buckets as we left, and I was slightly panicked about leaving our big golf umbrellas back home by mistake.  But by the time we made it to Seattle the clouds had burned off revealing a beautiful, sunny afternoon.  After peeling off our layers, and putting on our sunglasses, we were ready for the game!










The whole group!  Another great cheering section!  And another tough loss, but they bounced back and beat #18 Oregon State last week in OT, by a game winning header goal by none other than, Erin.  Sah-weet.


I believe at least one of my parents have traveled and attended every single game she has played in during her 5 years at the University of Utah.  Only the newborn grand-babies kept my mom from a few games.  Major fans and supporters, I tell you what. My Dad is even a member of the Crimson Club.  Yah. Seriously.  And we all have enough Utah red gear to keep cheering for years to come. 


Erin, thanks for being such an awesome Aunt to all my littles.  They love their Aunt Erin to pieces!!

The season continues for a few more weeks, and we are cheering her on from afar.  Good luck Ern! 
Love this sweet pic from the Daily Utah Chronicle.  See the article here too. 


1 comments:

Kris and Cath 2:12 PM  

What a stud! And boy are you right? Great fans!

Email Me

Blog Archive

Our {business}

Why I {Blog}

My little blog is a family journal. I include things on here I want to remember years and years from now. So when I post a zillion pictures...it is because I want to have it for my posterity. So please forgive the often posted-picture overload.

Currently I am trying to focus on my photography skills...reading, reading, reading, and taking pictures when I can. Then edit, read, read, read some more. I finally feel like I have a basic understanding of exposure...hooray! I updated my blog template so I can display larger photos because...aren't pictures better than anything I have to say anyway?

More about me here.

Looking For Something?

Avoiding {Illiteracy}

  • Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis
  • The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
  • Persuasion by Jane Austen
  • Chocolat by Joanne Harris
  • The Squires Tale by Gerald Morris
  • David Copperfield by Charles Dickens
  • Watership Down by Richard Adams
  • Crossing to Safety by Wallace Stegner
  • The Color of Water by James McBride
  • I Am a Mother by Jane Clayson Johnson
  • Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
  • The Tempest by William Shakespeare
  • The Witch of Blackbird Pond & The Bronze Bow by Elizabeth George Speare
  • Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky
  • Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
  • Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
  • Freakonomics by Steven Levitt & Stephen Dubner
  • Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
  • Undaunted Courage by Stephen E. Ambrose
  • Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes