Friday, November 04, 2011

{October Halloween Wrap-up}

This might just be one of my favorite pictures of all-time.  I love it. 
And I love this little Halloween crew!

Like I predicted, we ended up carving our pumpkins the night before Halloween...barely squeezing it in after church, dinner, and the Stake Priesthood session.  It was a busy Sunday evening...but they all seem to be this way with 1:30 -4:30 church.  Can't wait to start attending in the am for 2012!

I didn't have to gut any pumpkins this year.  Carson was the master and did 4 of the 6 in less than 30 minutes. 

Addy did her own too.

And Ry was so happy to carve his little "pumpkin patch" after he woke up from his 6pm-8pm nap.
 (yes, seriously).

He loved the bat I cut out of one of the pumpkins and thought it was a mustache.  He kept saying "I'm not a Mister".  Apparently you are 'Mister' if you have mustache.

I carved 4 of the 6 pumpkins though. I value speed over precision and ended up with a missing arm on my ghost, but I don't think anyone noticed.
 6 pumpkins! 
Left to Right: haunted house (Trev), ghost, witch, bats, 'evil eye' (by Carson all by himself), and one happy pumpkin. 

The kids have been talking about their costumes for about two months.  Addy pretty quickly decided on a witch...but a NICE witch. She was pretty clear about that.


Carson really wanted to be an angry bird, but I didn't order it in time and by the time I started looking they were 'sold out for the season' at every imaginable place.  Maybe next year!  He settled on the ninja and sweet-talked his dad into the matching sword.

This little guy picked from the over flowing costume box and settled on the cowboy costume.  My mom made this for Carson when he was 3.  Still looks adorable! 


And the cutest costume of all time:  My baby lobster in a pot!  I have wanted to do this costume for a couple years after I saw it on-line somewhere.  But Ry was too little in October when he was a baby.  You really have to have a baby right in the 4-6 month range to make it work (sitting up a bit, but not mobile enough to climb out).  Oh man, he was adorable.  I still can't get over it.

And he stole the show at the ward Trunk or Treat.  I had several people I have never even met taking his picture.  So amazingly adorable if I do say so myself.

We usually have some cousins with us on Halloween night, but the school night prevented anyone from coming.  So I tried to do a few unexpected things for the kids that night.
They came home from school to the porch looking like this:

And we had our traditional yummy dinner of chili and cornbread and hot cider.

And I added in these cute mummy juice boxes.

And spider jello.

And force fed them the good meal before they left trick or treating. 

They each have two gallon ziploc bags full of candy.  I hate being the candy police every year.  But they are actually losing interest in it all ready.  I guess since mom we have candy around here all the time, there isn't a big freak out when they get a whole bunch. 

Miles and I passed out about half of the candy I bought while Trevor took the kids out trick or treating. We were really surprised by our lack of trick or treaters.  I guess we are down in the part of the neighborhood where there are more....er... retired people. We aren't in the hip section of the neighborhood down the block where more of the kids live, but that's ok.  It was a peaceful and fun night.  

October was busy and so much fun!  Onto Thanksgiving festivities!! 

7 comments:

Tyler 7:37 AM  

Amazing pictures, decorations, and pumpkins! How do you find time for it all Rochelle!

N. Tipps 3:21 PM  

Rochelle, You do everything so cute...Halloween, birthday parties...I'm so lazy. But pregnant too.

Becca, Bryce, T, C, and J 3:58 PM  

I love all your pics! The kids looked so great! I've decided your not human cause you can do so much!!

garrett 10:13 PM  

Rochelle, I'm going to block my wife from viewing your blog. She has been crying for days since the the cake boss party post. Thanks for that.

Carmen Goetschius 12:18 PM  

Hahhahahahah! I just read Garrett's comment! It is true, Rochelle. Your clever, clever, clever ideas are killer. You are such a good mom! But, Garrett, your wife is a spectacular mom too. Spectacular!!!!

And don't worry, someday I'll have kids and she can read my blog and she'll feel WAY better about herself. I will be a good mom, but ENTIRELY uncreative.

xoxo Carms

Jen I 4:16 AM  

Wow, our halloween pictures were SO AWFUL! I'm usually so exhausted from getting everyone into costumes and everything ready to go that it's a crappy picture taken in the church. Looks awesome.

Erica 8:24 PM  

Great Halloween!! I love the costumes and what you did to the porch!!

Email Me

Blog Archive

Our {business}

Why I {Blog}

My little blog is a family journal. I include things on here I want to remember years and years from now. So when I post a zillion pictures...it is because I want to have it for my posterity. So please forgive the often posted-picture overload.

Currently I am trying to focus on my photography skills...reading, reading, reading, and taking pictures when I can. Then edit, read, read, read some more. I finally feel like I have a basic understanding of exposure...hooray! I updated my blog template so I can display larger photos because...aren't pictures better than anything I have to say anyway?

More about me here.

Looking For Something?

Avoiding {Illiteracy}

  • Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis
  • The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
  • Persuasion by Jane Austen
  • Chocolat by Joanne Harris
  • The Squires Tale by Gerald Morris
  • David Copperfield by Charles Dickens
  • Watership Down by Richard Adams
  • Crossing to Safety by Wallace Stegner
  • The Color of Water by James McBride
  • I Am a Mother by Jane Clayson Johnson
  • Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
  • The Tempest by William Shakespeare
  • The Witch of Blackbird Pond & The Bronze Bow by Elizabeth George Speare
  • Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky
  • Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
  • Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
  • Freakonomics by Steven Levitt & Stephen Dubner
  • Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
  • Undaunted Courage by Stephen E. Ambrose
  • Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes