Wednesday, December 21, 2011

{merry christmas 2011}

I was so happy with our Christmas cards this year.  I found an awesome deal with papercoterie, and I ordered these right around Thanksgiving.  I love the red sleeve with the black and white photos. It was a major stress relief to have the design decision out of the way so early.



And a letter too. It is my best attempt to be brief, but it is so hard with 6 people!



But I quickly realized I didn't order enough, so I created another card too...which gave me a chance to use our a family picture taken right around Thanksgiving. 


Christmas cards are one of my favorite traditions of the whole season.  Even though we have blogs, email, facebook...there is just something so fun about sending and receiving cards regular old USPS.  So many have gone away with it in favor of the convenience technology provides, but I'm old school here.  I love an actual Christmas card. Something to file away in my binder of family cards (that my mom gave us and starts with family Christmas letters in 1981!) And I love the growing display on the pantry door with cards, pictures, notes and letters from friends and family we love!





6 comments:

Our family 5:44 PM  

I loved your card too. It was beautiful! And I'm so glad you still do a letter. It seems like a lot of people don't anymore. And yes, I agree that sending them is perfect. I consider it my little gift to all the people I can't afford to buy a real gift for.

Rigby Family 8:50 PM  

This made me realize that you guys are not on our Christmas card list. I don't think we have your address. Email it to me some time so we can add you to the list for next year. It is fun to see pictures and hear what your family is up to. Merry Christmas!

Camille 9:14 PM  

Loved the card! It was so unique! I love the tradition too...so glad our family is keeping up with it all! Love your pantry door...I need to come up with a better way to display mine--right now I have a wreath that holds them but it isn't big enough...next year I suppose!

SuburbiaMom 6:46 PM  

lovely!!!!

the Holyoaks 3:23 PM  

I love both of your cards! They are so pretty. I'll have to get your address for next year because I don't have you guys on my list. I am like you--I love real cards. They make me so happy and it makes checking the mail so exciting after Thanksgiving.

Carmen Goetschius 12:12 AM  

These are the cutest, BTW. Loved it, Shell!

Email Me

Blog Archive

Our {business}

Why I {Blog}

My little blog is a family journal. I include things on here I want to remember years and years from now. So when I post a zillion pictures...it is because I want to have it for my posterity. So please forgive the often posted-picture overload.

Currently I am trying to focus on my photography skills...reading, reading, reading, and taking pictures when I can. Then edit, read, read, read some more. I finally feel like I have a basic understanding of exposure...hooray! I updated my blog template so I can display larger photos because...aren't pictures better than anything I have to say anyway?

More about me here.

Looking For Something?

Avoiding {Illiteracy}

  • Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis
  • The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
  • Persuasion by Jane Austen
  • Chocolat by Joanne Harris
  • The Squires Tale by Gerald Morris
  • David Copperfield by Charles Dickens
  • Watership Down by Richard Adams
  • Crossing to Safety by Wallace Stegner
  • The Color of Water by James McBride
  • I Am a Mother by Jane Clayson Johnson
  • Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
  • The Tempest by William Shakespeare
  • The Witch of Blackbird Pond & The Bronze Bow by Elizabeth George Speare
  • Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky
  • Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
  • Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
  • Freakonomics by Steven Levitt & Stephen Dubner
  • Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
  • Undaunted Courage by Stephen E. Ambrose
  • Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes