Saturday, January 07, 2012

{Christmas Eve 2011}

The week before and after Christmas were absolutely crazy busy for Trevor at work.  A couple unexpected events collided and he didn't have much staff during the holidays which dumped extra work on him on a previously planned relaxing week.  It was hard and one of the 'cons' of being self-employed.  Especially since we didn't have family in town over Christmas, it got a little lonely with just me and the kids most of the time. 

I was craving family and so glad my brother and sister in law let us crash their Christmas Eve party with my parents in Vancouver, WA.  My parents rotate around spending Christmas with the kids, and this year was my brother's turn. We were glad they were close enough so we could celebrate with them too (and force them to stay longer and have New Years with us!). 

It was easiest to just drive down and back on Christmas Eve instead of trying to organize 6 people to stay the night before, and we really wanted to be at our home for Christmas Day.  We got on the road by 7am and got there in time for breakfast!

My dad got some snuggle time with Miles. 

Major bonus that Aunt Erin was there too!

 The kids played some games.

 Jett's eyes melt my heart every time (there is NO photoshop on those eyes!)


The kids decorated sugar cookies to leave out for Santa.





They continued our tradition of Chinese food for Christmas Eve dinner. Delish and no cooking!

The kids opened new PJs!




We sang some songs.

 This little guy is sweet as can be when he sings "When Christmas Comes to Town" from the Polar Express. He knows all the words.

We acted out the nativity.  Addy was Mary (the only girl cousin in attendance...she didn't have to compete with anyone for that role!). And Rylan was Joseph.  In our version, both Mary and Joseph rode the donkey.


 And Uncle Bryce read the 'Night Before Christmas'.  And we watched 'Luke II' and had a little family devotional on the birth of the Savior.  It was perfect. Meaningful and even peaceful if you can imagine that with all those kids.

The day was relaxing and fun and actually seemed like we were there for longer than just 12 hours. A lot of visiting, good food, sports and movies on TV, and a fun Christmas Eve program. 

We made it home around 11 to help Santa get ready for the big day!


1 comments:

SuburbiaMom 2:30 PM  

Wow--those eyes! Looks like a good Christmas break....

Email Me

Blog Archive

Our {business}

Why I {Blog}

My little blog is a family journal. I include things on here I want to remember years and years from now. So when I post a zillion pictures...it is because I want to have it for my posterity. So please forgive the often posted-picture overload.

Currently I am trying to focus on my photography skills...reading, reading, reading, and taking pictures when I can. Then edit, read, read, read some more. I finally feel like I have a basic understanding of exposure...hooray! I updated my blog template so I can display larger photos because...aren't pictures better than anything I have to say anyway?

More about me here.

Looking For Something?

Avoiding {Illiteracy}

  • Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis
  • The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
  • Persuasion by Jane Austen
  • Chocolat by Joanne Harris
  • The Squires Tale by Gerald Morris
  • David Copperfield by Charles Dickens
  • Watership Down by Richard Adams
  • Crossing to Safety by Wallace Stegner
  • The Color of Water by James McBride
  • I Am a Mother by Jane Clayson Johnson
  • Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
  • The Tempest by William Shakespeare
  • The Witch of Blackbird Pond & The Bronze Bow by Elizabeth George Speare
  • Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky
  • Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
  • Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
  • Freakonomics by Steven Levitt & Stephen Dubner
  • Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
  • Undaunted Courage by Stephen E. Ambrose
  • Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes