Monday, January 30, 2012

{Growing kids}

This little guy is now a Sunbeam at church.  This is the non-nursery, first big-kid class and a major milestone.  He's so cute in his little chair right up front.  He is *mostly* good.  Wanders a bit and gets a little rowdy with his favorite buds in the class, but it's been good and so fun to see him learning and growing.  He absolutely loves primary songs.  His little raspy voice is always out of tune, but it is so endearing and sweet.  He loves "I am a Child of God", "Jesus Wants Me for a Sunbeam", and "Once there was a Snowman".   He knows Jesus, says sweet prayers, and has a little testimony already growing (and got a much needed hair-cut a few days after these pictures. Sheesh, looking a little shaggy there). 




Our littlest one is almost 9 months old.  He is officially a crawler and cruising around everywhere, so we can no longer call him 'the slug'.  His world totally opened up to things that were beyond his reach a few weeks ago (like garbage cans, napkins, food scraps, and magazines).  His acid reflux is STILL bad.  So now we find little trails of spit-up in his path.  Great.  Makes for fun cleaning. 
But how can you get mad at someone as cute as this?

 You can't help but smile at his squeals and giggles.  I love his babbles and noises.  And his temperament is improving too.  Hooray for waking up happy in the morning AND at nap time.  Growing babies still seem like miracles to me.

And a little shot of those two cute bottom teeth...so much easier to eat Cheerios with!


3 comments:

Our family 7:24 AM  

Oh reflux! My girls all had it bad! Our doctors always told me they'd outgrow it by 6 months and two of them had it for 18 months. That was torture! But don't worry, it passes and you almost forget that you used to have to cover yourself with blankets to hold your child and people used to refuse to sit near you at church because they didn't want to be within spit up range. Yeah, I don't miss that at all.

SuburbiaMom 9:32 PM  

They are so cute.

Reese 6:01 AM  

Oh man, cute little boys. Can't wait to see "the slug" no longer as the slug! Need to see that crawling action in person. Love him!!

And P.S...when are you going to add Miles to your blog banner?!?!? Despite the acid reflux, I have a feeling you are going to keep him around! :)

Email Me

Blog Archive

Our {business}

Why I {Blog}

My little blog is a family journal. I include things on here I want to remember years and years from now. So when I post a zillion pictures...it is because I want to have it for my posterity. So please forgive the often posted-picture overload.

Currently I am trying to focus on my photography skills...reading, reading, reading, and taking pictures when I can. Then edit, read, read, read some more. I finally feel like I have a basic understanding of exposure...hooray! I updated my blog template so I can display larger photos because...aren't pictures better than anything I have to say anyway?

More about me here.

Looking For Something?

Avoiding {Illiteracy}

  • Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis
  • The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
  • Persuasion by Jane Austen
  • Chocolat by Joanne Harris
  • The Squires Tale by Gerald Morris
  • David Copperfield by Charles Dickens
  • Watership Down by Richard Adams
  • Crossing to Safety by Wallace Stegner
  • The Color of Water by James McBride
  • I Am a Mother by Jane Clayson Johnson
  • Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
  • The Tempest by William Shakespeare
  • The Witch of Blackbird Pond & The Bronze Bow by Elizabeth George Speare
  • Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky
  • Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
  • Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
  • Freakonomics by Steven Levitt & Stephen Dubner
  • Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
  • Undaunted Courage by Stephen E. Ambrose
  • Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes