Tuesday, January 17, 2012

{Happy New Year 2012}

After a pretty quiet Christmas, we were so excited for a house full of family for the New Year!  At one point we had 22 people staying under our roof! From my side of the family, we were only missing my sister, Erin, who had to leave just before New Year's for a wedding. 
It was a wonderful few days.  And as expected, chaotic, messy, full of good food, late evenings, early mornings, happy kids, sports on TV, and the ringing in of the New Year. 

The big kids enjoying hot chocolate out on the deck by the fire.  It was a gorgeous day!

These two were instantly friends again after not seeing each other for a few months. 

Grandpa's new IPad2 got passed around quite a bit.

Major Just Dance 3 tourney.

 Minute to Win it games on New Year's Eve. This was good prep for Carson's 10th birthday with a Minute to Win It theme.




The kids' New Year's countdown at about 9PM.

 Cheers!





And on New Years Day....some of the cousin crowd after church (missing a few!).  All in their matching outfits they received from Grandma Dalley for Christmas.
 Love my boys!

 Best shot of all 4 kids....oh well!

Becca, Me, Mom, and Charise (Camille didn't get there until later in the day).

Chris figured out our BBQ rotisserie and cooked up an amazing prime rib.  It was the biggest piece of meat I have ever seen!  It was so good!! We had a great meal on New Year's Day.

The 4 babies!! 

We convinced my sister to stay a few extra days before heading back to Chicago.  So Rylan got some one on one time in with Graham.  We hardly even saw these two during the day.  They just played for hours and hours! And we didn't have to break up any fights at all...they are just two peas in a pod.  Best buds!!


And of course, we got to snuggle on Ms. Claire too.  What a sweetheart!  I miss these kiddos all the way in Chicago!!!

It's always so wonderful to have the big group all together.  We missed you Erin!!  The kids couldn't be happier than spending every waking minute with their cousins.  They are their best friends. 
We were truly blessed beyond measure in 2011.  And we eagerly look forward to new adventures in 2012.

1 comments:

SuburbiaMom 10:25 AM  

Glad you could have family surround you for the holiday!

Email Me

Blog Archive

Our {business}

Why I {Blog}

My little blog is a family journal. I include things on here I want to remember years and years from now. So when I post a zillion pictures...it is because I want to have it for my posterity. So please forgive the often posted-picture overload.

Currently I am trying to focus on my photography skills...reading, reading, reading, and taking pictures when I can. Then edit, read, read, read some more. I finally feel like I have a basic understanding of exposure...hooray! I updated my blog template so I can display larger photos because...aren't pictures better than anything I have to say anyway?

More about me here.

Looking For Something?

Avoiding {Illiteracy}

  • Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis
  • The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
  • Persuasion by Jane Austen
  • Chocolat by Joanne Harris
  • The Squires Tale by Gerald Morris
  • David Copperfield by Charles Dickens
  • Watership Down by Richard Adams
  • Crossing to Safety by Wallace Stegner
  • The Color of Water by James McBride
  • I Am a Mother by Jane Clayson Johnson
  • Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
  • The Tempest by William Shakespeare
  • The Witch of Blackbird Pond & The Bronze Bow by Elizabeth George Speare
  • Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky
  • Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
  • Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
  • Freakonomics by Steven Levitt & Stephen Dubner
  • Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
  • Undaunted Courage by Stephen E. Ambrose
  • Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes