Friday, April 20, 2012

{Easter 2012}

Man, I am usually so good at posting to my blog.  But I just haven't been feeling it lately.  I need to do it.  After all this is my main form of scrapbooking/family history.  I gave up cutesy papers and glue in 2002.  But I can't let it go because I fear the memories won't be captured anywhere but in a folder of pictures on my computer.  So I am trying to hang in there. 





I guess facebook and now instagram just seem easier. So I end up posting pictures on there and then often again on my blog.  Seems a little redundant.  But I guess I don't see myself printing out a book of my facebook statuses for posterity, so blogging will continue until something comes along that can accomplish my same goals of documenting our family journey. 


{BTW, are you on instagram yet?? I LOVE it. So happy they finally got an Android app). You can follow me on there. Username: rpettingill}





Okay Easter.  I love all the holidays with the kids.  So even though these pictures are the same ones as last year except everyone is a year older and we have a baby in the mix, it's the tradition I love.  And you better believe my kids really know our family traditions and wouldn't let me skip a thing.  I love how exciting it is for them year after year. 

First up. Dyeing eggs.







This little guy loves to point his cute finger.




We lucked out with another beautiful, sunny day for the neighborhood Easter egg hunt.



 This is Miles' first Easter. Remember, I was about ready to pop last year?


Typical Ry.  Overly exciting about everything!


Carson had already emptied out his eggs by the time we sat down to get a group shot.  The organizers of the even collect back all the plastic eggs.  Love that it means I don't need to store an additional 60 plastic eggs each year.

So fun to have Grandma Judy and Grandpa Chuck visit for the weekend too.  We made our traditional Easter cookies on Saturday night.  You follow a recipe that also has scripture references all about the Resurrection. 


And you seal them up (in the tomb) with tape. This was Rylan's favorite part, he could have taped all night.  In the morning the cookies are hollow (because the tomb was empty!).  We also watched this video on Saturday night.  So wonderfully done.  It was late and kind of torturous with Rylan, but I know all these teaching moments are adding up in the hearts of my littles.  I can't imagine them growing up without knowing that He is risen.  That our Savior died for all of us so that we might live again.  It's the greatest event of all time.  And the greatest gift I can give my children is to teach them their Savior knows and cares for them more than anything! 

The Easter bunny left trails to their baskets again this year. 




Can you tell Carson is grumpy?  He wasn't feeling well and headed back to bed just after I took this picture.  (Addy's socks in her hair = pretty hair for church).


Dressed up for church (minus Carson in bed, sick) 


This sweet picture of Ry just doesn't even look like him because he never looks this calm or sits this still or looks at the camera. 
 

This is the Rylan we know. 
And looking at it right now (while he's peacefully tucked in bed not destroying anything) makes me so glad he is this energetic, happy boy. 

Loved the springy flowers in my back yard!!  Makes the fall planting and spring yard work so worth it!






We had the warmest day of the year on Easter Sunday.  It was sunny and a perfect 70+ degrees.  I loved having church at 9am so that we also had time to enjoy the afternoon as a family. 
We soaked up the sun on a family walk and had Easter dinner on the deck. 

(Instagram photo)




And that's Easter in a ginormous nutshell. Picture overload, sorry. 

4 comments:

Camille 6:17 PM  

I love the picture overload (seems all mine are like that too!) This also reminds me how far behind I am...this week!! I love the picture of the mysteriously floating Miles...that must be Trev back there! and that one of RyRy, what a sweet boy. I see lots of Trev in him in that picture. Looks like a great easter, bummer Car was sick!

Tyler 7:16 AM  

Great pictures! thanks for the update! And you are more than welcome to send Rylan down to Florida for a few days!!!

Kris and Cath 8:02 AM  

This is adorable! amazing photos and your kids are all so gorgeous! I love Easter and kids do too, its perfect!!! miss you all:)

Rigby Family 3:50 PM  

I had to laugh out loud when I looked at the pointy finger picture. Our youngest (just over a year) has been fixated with the same thing. Every time I look at him, he's pointing his finger and just looking at it. Super cute! I love this age!

Email Me

Blog Archive

Our {business}

Why I {Blog}

My little blog is a family journal. I include things on here I want to remember years and years from now. So when I post a zillion pictures...it is because I want to have it for my posterity. So please forgive the often posted-picture overload.

Currently I am trying to focus on my photography skills...reading, reading, reading, and taking pictures when I can. Then edit, read, read, read some more. I finally feel like I have a basic understanding of exposure...hooray! I updated my blog template so I can display larger photos because...aren't pictures better than anything I have to say anyway?

More about me here.

Looking For Something?

Avoiding {Illiteracy}

  • Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis
  • The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
  • Persuasion by Jane Austen
  • Chocolat by Joanne Harris
  • The Squires Tale by Gerald Morris
  • David Copperfield by Charles Dickens
  • Watership Down by Richard Adams
  • Crossing to Safety by Wallace Stegner
  • The Color of Water by James McBride
  • I Am a Mother by Jane Clayson Johnson
  • Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
  • The Tempest by William Shakespeare
  • The Witch of Blackbird Pond & The Bronze Bow by Elizabeth George Speare
  • Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky
  • Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
  • Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
  • Freakonomics by Steven Levitt & Stephen Dubner
  • Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
  • Undaunted Courage by Stephen E. Ambrose
  • Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes